It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Every day a new beginning.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 pm 

I don't know Sparks People, but too much protein can wipe out your kidneys (I know of someone who lost a kidney to the Atkins diet!). I can't imagine 175/day!

Post subject: Algae and days 3 & 4.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:59 pm 

It seems the algae may be for amino acids more than for protein? She's not as clear on that - well, honestly, I did just SKIM the book. Anyways,

yesterday was a bit rough. I was in town for my massage and ended up hanging out with my friend for several hours afterwards in JoAnn's Fabrics. We're talking about re-inventing ourselves and our styles if we were thinner. Went thru the pattern books and felt all the materials. ;-)

I did good by taking foods in and I didn't go off plan but I couldn't seem to keep up on my water. I also didn't get all my foods in nor did I exercise (except the bits of walking we did).

Today, day 4, is a little better. I just didn't feel like eating til almost noon and I didn't want to drink anything either. I knew I needed to do both so I cut up an apple and sprinkled it with cinnamon to munch on while I made dh's food. Then I made some lovely gingery lemon-lime ade! I used 2 lemons and 2 limes and over a tablespoon of grated ginger and added about an 1/8 teaspoon of stevia. YUM! I think that'll be a regular drink. : )

It was really hard to cook dh's favorite meal (one of them) and NOT taste test the pork. Pork is a no-no for me.

I did my Callanetics and again feel rubber-legged. LOVE all t he stretching. Sad, tho'. After the warmup I was thinking, "Ugh! Can't wait til I'm thru the stomach exercises. Oh, no, now it's legs! Can't wait til these are over! Oh no! Now it's hips!!!" Loi. Pretty pathetic. Nice workout tho'. : )

I still need to walk and then MOP THE FLOOR!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 pm 

I want to come to your church camp! The food sounds amazing!!! :D

Great job getting back to your goals!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm 

Oops, sorry. Only the biscuits and gravy part was at camp. (And pancakes and bacon and lots of fruit and hotdogs and hambrugers and steaks...). The other stuff I got the rest of the week. There was more but those were the worst offenders.