It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Prepping ahead.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:40 am 

I'm not so good at prepping ahead but when i do, the couple of times i have, it makes staying on track so much easier.

So, i am making the effort to do just that. I tend to buy too much and it goes bad. Today i made a list of meals for four days, made the shopping list, went shopping in record time, came home and began prepping some of it. :D

I have 3 chicken wraps with 2 baby bells to go with each wrap. Those are all bagged up and ready to take to work. I used the store rotisserie chicken to make things easier.

I lightly cooked salmon for 2 meals - a salad and a straight "salmon and asparagus" meal. I froze the meal one and plan to re-heat it while i make the asparagus. I *could* have just cooked the salmon when i make the asparagus but last time the salmon tasted very fishy so i tho't i'd try it this way.

I also picked thru the grapes and broke them into manageable clusters - some little ones, some big enuf to share while talking. :)

I'll probably cut up the pineapple tomorrow, or maybe tuesday. I have a lunch date on tuesday so that helps me out, too. :mrgreen:

I've been better about throwing very ripe things in the freezer - bananas, strawberries. So i have smoothie stuff and some granola for quick easy breakfasts or snacks, or DINNERS! 8-)

There was chicken leftover for dh to snack on or make sandwiches.

I feel pretty good about what's done. We'll see how the week plays out! Gotta start somewhere and if i'm doing this as a learning adventure then i won't be discouraged when something doesn't pan out.

Post subject: Re: Prepping ahead.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 am 

Bravo! Sounds very productive : )