It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Candida Diet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 pm 

Have a major yeast overgrowth situation and was on the anti-Candida diet for 3 1/2 months and then one weekend went haywire eating fruit, shredded wheat, baked corn chips and had a BIG setback. I'm back on the diet, probiotics, antifungals, but this stuff comes back with a vengence if you haven't solidly gotten rid of it before reintroducing fruits, etc... Going to try adding juicing next week. Just found a local farmer to purchase grassfed beef and liver from.

I can see I'll be on this diet probably for at least another year; that 's how bad my situation is. Came from undiagnosed thyroid problem which led to my immune system not working which led to be given massive doses of antibiotics. Last year and this year have been hard, very hard healthwise; I'm pretty weary from it all.

Celeste

Post subject: Re: Candida Diet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:13 pm 

Ugh. Wouldn't you think we'd know how to eat by now? ;-) Why is it so difficult?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am 

Praying for you, honeygirl! Candida can be VERY hard to get rid of.
Oftentimes, there are severe allergies associated with it as well and you can itch and itch and itch...That happened to me when I did a candida cleanse. Yeast and fungus are hard to get rid of, but it can be done successfully with some due diligence. Stay strong and you'll get there!
I understand firsthand, how great of a challenge this can be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm 

The only positive that has come from the diet so far is the weight loss. I'm down 20 lbs. over 4 months. When the doctor gave me that antidepressant, what I really needed were my adrenals and thyroid addressed, I gained 50 lbs. on that poison and was up to 198.4 pounds. I started on weight watchers for 3 months and lost 15 lbs. After that I've gone down 10 lbs. then up 5, down 5 lbs. then up again. Last year I did the candida diet for 2 months and lost 13lbs. then gained some back. This year I just couldn't get get out of the 150's and then went back up into the 160's. It's been 6 years of trying to get this weight off. This morning I weighed myself and I'm at 139.6.