It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Box office stats on I Can Only Imagine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:54 am 

"The independent Christian movie “I Can Only Imagine” performed far better than anyone could have imagined at the box office last weekend, bringing in $17.1 million when it was only expected to sell between $2 million and $4 million in tickets."

I would link the source, but it's an opinion piece, a diatribe against hollyweird and the anti-Christian establishment.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Box office stats on I Can Only Imagine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 am 

Briva wrote:
"The independent Christian movie “I Can Only Imagine” performed far better than anyone could have imagined at the box office last weekend, bringing in $17.1 million when it was only expected to sell between $2 million and $4 million in tickets."

I would link the source, but it's an opinion piece, a diatribe against hollyweird and the anti-Christian establishment.

They'd be "preachin' to the choir" anyway! I signed off Hollyweird a long time ago!

But this movie does look pretty promising : )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am 

I hope that box office stat brings it to our town! The guy who owns all the theater screens in our area brings in movies for the college crowd. Many times there are NO movies under PG13.

They also double up on the movies in both towns rather than making them more diverse. ugh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm 

The theater in the town in TX I lived in was owned by a wealthy, Christian lawyer. We got a free screening of a veggie tale movie, complete with a soda and popcorn. I got to see the Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader there. He always brought G and PG movies to town. Nice family outings, we just had to walk three blocks to get there. I miss it.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 am 

Briva wrote:
The theater in the town in TX I lived in was owned by a wealthy, Christian lawyer. We got a free screening of a veggie tale movie, complete with a soda and popcorn. I got to see the Narnia movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader there. He always brought G and PG movies to town. Nice family outings, we just had to walk three blocks to get there. I miss it.

That would be so nice!