It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Pruning
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:58 pm 

I got a "wild hair" and pruned our ornamental prune tree this morning! I meant to plant tulips but pruning that tree just seemed like more fun. :P I mainly pruned the part facing our house. It was a mess of tiny branches sticking every which way. Now i have a branch mess on the ground! :roll: I'll want gloves to pick those up but right now i have a splinter - one of those teeny-tiny ones you can't see but hurts when it's touched - and don't want to put gloves on.

Besides, i may be going to a brunch this morning and need to jump in the shower. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Pruning
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:16 pm 

Have a great brunch! : )

(I don't much like tidying up after myself, either ;) )

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:23 pm 

Yay! I got the splinter out! Whew!

Mom didn't want to go to the Christmas brunch after all. Maybe we'll go to town later. I know she wants to get out of the house. There's some shopping to do like TOILET PAPER!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:25 pm 

Scrape the splinter with a credit card or driver's license.. Work away from the way it went in, to prevent pushing it in further. It should come out.

(this also works for removing stingers)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:28 pm 

Sis wrote:

Mom didn't want to go to the Christmas brunch after all. Maybe we'll go to town later. I know she wants to get out of the house. There's some shopping to do like TOILET PAPER!

I SO admire *my* late Mother for toilet paper hoarding when she found good sales. We NEVER had to go to the store just for that. In fact, after she passed away, I gave away a BUNCH - and STILL had enuf for our house for more than a YEAR! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Sis wrote:

I SO admire *my* late Mother for toilet paper hoarding when she found good sales. We NEVER had to go to the store just for that. In fact, after she passed away, I gave away a BUNCH - and STILL had enuf for our house for more than a YEAR! :mrgreen:

LOL I've been known as a toilet paper hoarder, as well!!! I may even still have some up in mom's cupboard but i don't go in there any more. sigh My tp space has diminished in the last few years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 pm 

Space? What's that?!

Is there no room to walk thru your livingroom? If you can walk thru, you HAVE space :D

You just need to THINK like a hoarder! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm 

I have become a tissue hoarder. It stems from when we were newlyweds, I could only afford to get one roll a week of Scott's tissue. Thanking the Lord dh got paid weekly.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 pm 

Briva wrote:
I have become a tissue hoarder. It stems from when we were newlyweds, I could only afford to get one roll a week of Scott's tissue. Thanking the Lord dh got paid weekly.

Mine may stem from the time we couldn't afford it and used wash rags. Even for monthly stuff. :shock: NOT a good time. We lived thru it but i didn't want to go thru it again if we didn't HAVE to.