It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Our dog...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 pm 

is acting weird. I'm thinking he ate a bowl of dark chocolate kisses - wrappers and all but i can't prove it. He pooped in the garage last night and got put in his kennel for the night. When he got out this morning to go potty he took off! sigh Of course we're all in a hurry - potluck, music practice, church. So when dh found him he put him right back in the kennel.

Normally, when he's being punished in his kennel he lays there kinda sad. Today (and most of last night) he's whining and barking and putting up a bit of a fit.

Either he's been spoiled too much lately or ....? Maybe his tummy hurts cuz of the chocolate? I can't bother with him right now :( but after potluck i'll excuse myself early, come home and let him outside, feed him and water him and maybe just keep him in the garage - if hubby doesn't object. He might be too mad at him still for running off. :?

I forgot my rolls rising on the woodstove downstairs so i quickly came home to throw them in the oven and hope they're done just in time for me to get to the church on time! I'm very seldom late and i'm not going to stress about it but i will certainly HEAR about i!!!!! :D I must remind them i'm not as perfect as they all think, right? :roll:

Post subject: Re: Our dog...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm 

It depends on the size of dog and how much chocolate! Dark chocolate is worst because if the high cocoa content. :(

Google online to see if theres any home remedies you can try.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 pm 

Tory wrote:
It depends on the size of dog and how much chocolate! Dark chocolate is worst because if the high cocoa content. :(

Google online to see if theres any home remedies you can try.

Dh says if he dies, he deserves it! :lol: I'm not worried about the chocolate. He's a 65 lb dog and it's not his first chocolate. I just don't want to clean up any diarrhea it may cause. He seems fine, tho'. There's really no sign that he's eaten it - bowel-wise.

We all saw the chocolate on the table and not one of us tho't the dog would get into that wrapped chocolate. Well, none of us tho't about the DOG and the chocolate - period. If we would have *thought* at all we'd know better. He loves chocolate!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 pm 

Oh my I'm laughing right now!! We are SO much alike!! :lol:

I would be the same way.. Stupid dog! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 pm 

I once knew a man who bred Boxers. One day, he left a candy dish of wrapped candies on the table. He came back to find the candies all "mysteriously" *unwrapped,* eaten, AND the *LID put BACK on the dish!* :shock:

Yup. Dogs like candy :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 pm 

Well.. This is a funny... Years ago I had a dog get into a bowl of crayons. That dog pooped rainbows for days afterwards!!
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm 

Tory wrote:
Well.. This is a funny... Years ago I had a dog get into a bowl of crayons. That dog pooped rainbows for days afterwards!!
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's HILARIOUS!