It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Homeschool co-op
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 pm 

I signed the kids up for classes at our local homeschool co-op, for the first time. I think they will love it! Christian will be doing electricity, dissection, and chess. Saphira will be doing science of art, book club, and cooking. Xavier will be with the preschool group, Adrian in the nursery, and I will be assisting wherever they need me.

We used to join when they meet up at the park after morning classes, but we unfortunately dropped out of that because it was during nap-time and things also got crazy with a new baby and Xavier's therapy. We're all needing "to belong" somewhere, though, and that sense of a homeschool "family" again, so I'm excited.

Post subject: Re: Homeschool co-op
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:54 am 

Oh, you all will love it! My kids made life-long friends at co-op.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:59 am 

We're doing a new co op this year, too and are super-excited

DD is taking Dig Deeper Bible Study (how to use Bible helps, etc), Art, Phys Ed & STEM : )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:38 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
We're doing a new co op this year, too and are super-excited

DD is taking Dig Deeper Bible Study (how to use Bible helps, etc), Art, Phys Ed & STEM : )

STEM?! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:50 am 

Science, Technology, Engineering and Math

It's a big fad right now.

It means playing with stuff that teach those things - like making marble mazes and doing science experiments.

(we called it "playing" back in our day ; )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math

It's a big fad right now.

It means playing with stuff that teach those things - like making marble mazes and doing science experiments.

(we called it "playing" back in our day ; )

Oh - sounds great! LOL All i could think of was stem CELL. :?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:02 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
I signed the kids up for classes at our local homeschool co-op, for the first time. I think they will love it! Christian will be doing electricity, dissection, and chess. Saphira will be doing science of art, book club, and cooking. Xavier will be with the preschool group, Adrian in the nursery, and I will be assisting wherever they need me.

We used to join when they meet up at the park after morning classes, but we unfortunately dropped out of that because it was during nap-time and things also got crazy with a new baby and Xavier's therapy. We're all needing "to belong" somewhere, though, and that sense of a homeschool "family" again, so I'm excited.

Sounds great!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:58 pm 

Yeah, STEM is all over the place now.Our zoo is having a homeschool day this month and doing STEM stuff. I think it's so big because that's the jobs they are gearing people towards now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 pm 

Today was the first day and all 4 of the kids had a blast and have started making new friends! They loved their classes, too. I was in the nursery with Adrian and the other 2-3 yr olds. I had a headache by the time we left. I don't think I'm cut out for so many kids that age. I'm not nearly peppy and cheerful enough for them to even like me, lol. And one of the other nursery room workers is much too ambitious, with every second filled with some type of activity. The kids just wanted to play with the toys! Oh well, the kids had fun so that's what matters.

We went to the park afterwords and it's still in the 90's, so the two little ones came home covered in dirt and sweat. Had to throw them straight into the bathtub, but up until now, it's been too hot for them to run around outside, so they loved it. I'm glad that the baby is taking naps later in the day now, so the park activity doesn't interfere with his naps and we can resume the park days. I've missed it and I'm sure the kids have, too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 am 

LisaTX wrote:
Today was the first day and all 4 of the kids had a blast and have started making new friends! They loved their classes, too. I was in the nursery with Adrian and the other 2-3 yr olds. I had a headache by the time we left. I don't think I'm cut out for so many kids that age. I'm not nearly peppy and cheerful enough for them to even like me, lol. And one of the other nursery room workers is much too ambitious, with every second filled with some type of activity. The kids just wanted to play with the toys! Oh well, the kids had fun so that's what matters.

We went to the park afterwords and it's still in the 90's, so the two little ones came home covered in dirt and sweat. Had to throw them straight into the bathtub, but up until now, it's been too hot for them to run around outside, so they loved it. I'm glad that the baby is taking naps later in the day now, so the park activity doesn't interfere with his naps and we can resume the park days. I've missed it and I'm sure the kids have, too.

Sounds like a great "normal" day for you! It will be a time everyone looks forward to. 8-)