It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I went back on Starch Solution
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:32 pm 

This week, has lost 3 lbs in 4 days
I am having a vegan pizza , fruit and small salad for lunch
and the rest of my vegetable stew for dinner with tortillas.

Post subject: Re: I went back on Starch Solution
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 pm 

I had a veggie burrito for lunch, zucchini, peppers, onions, with avocado slices and roasted salsa. Dinner was asparagus, carrots in pasta with roasted pine nuts. Sort of followed this cooking method.

http://www.cookforyourlife.org/recipes/ ... nut-pasta/

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:18 pm 

Sounds good! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:10 am 

Sis are you losing weight eating this way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:53 pm 

If I eat just the veg and minimal starch (brown rice, potato, pasta) and no added oil or nuts, I start to drop pounds quickly. I use organic coconut oil for baking and olive oil for cooking and love nuts to much to give them up completely.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:44 pm 

LindaS wrote:
Sis are you losing weight eating this way.

Well, Linda, honestly, it seems impossible to eat any particular way except to eat what's put before me. :roll: My mom made something, don't know what to call it, and she said, "It's mostly vegan". That's what there was to eat so i ate it. I knew there was cheese. Then i found out there were also eggs. I don't know WHAT else was in it.

Thankfully, i'll be home more from now on. Back to working 2 days a week. Oh, another problem, mom has started charging food at the local store. We have a charge account there and told her she was free to use it if she needed something. Now she's doing ALL her shopping there and charging it! The local store is spendy. :( We're going to have to have a talk.

Anyway, to answer your question, NO! I'm not losing any more weight, i'm beginning to GAIN! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 pm 

Briva wrote:
If I eat just the veg and minimal starch (brown rice, potato, pasta) and no added oil or nuts, I start to drop pounds quickly. I use organic coconut oil for baking and olive oil for cooking and love nuts to much to give them up completely.

I don't truly consider pasta a whole food but there are times i want it and enjoy it. I try to keep my carbs more to brown rice and potatoes. I do try to cut out oil, when i'm being "good", and "fry" my foods in water or broth. Applesauce generally works as an oil in baking, i think. But i haven't baked in so long i don't remember.

I made a trail mix that i can munch on or top a banana piece with peanut butter and dip it in the trail mix for a snack.

BUT, it is VERY hard for me to eat this way. This is how i desire to eat. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:26 pm 

Dreamfields pasta has a lower glicemic (sp) index than other pastas. I use it when I want pasta. It tastes good and doesnt raise my bloid sugar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 pm 

Tory wrote:
Dreamfields pasta has a lower glicemic (sp) index than other pastas. I use it when I want pasta. It tastes good and doesnt raise my bloid sugar.

How do the ingredients differ from other pastas?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:02 pm 

Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:

How do the ingredients differ from other pastas?

I don't know.. :?

Also look into konjac noodles. I've never had those, but they are good for not raising blood sugar.

Dreamfields you can only eat a small amount... Konjac is unlimited. I'll try to find more info on them. I'm looking through my THM book for more on this subject.