It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: More on Chick-Fil-A
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm 

My younger ds was visiting with us this evening. He was planning on stopping by Chick-Fil-A on his way home. He got there at 9:05 only to be told that they had to close at 9:00 because they completely ran out of food!!!!! :D

And Lisa and Carol, I'm with you. I don't like to witness "public pawing" either. Shoot! Dh and I barely even shake hands in public! :lol:

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:44 pm 

Wonderful news, Laurajean! (sorry your ds missed dinner, tho)

So glad that the day was such a success : )

And, yes, I have those old-fashioned ideas about PDA too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm 

Tory wrote:
We "could" go inside and eat and then come outside and throw up on them!!
lol!!
Ok.. probably not ... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/201 ... s/#slide=1

Must have been a nightmare for the workers, though! If I was one of the workers in the 6th picture, I think I would be hyperventilating, lol! They will definitely need a breather after today!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm 
This was all over our news today - they showed lines wrapped around buildings, down the street, it was great! Lisa, I imagine it was a nightmare for the workers, lol...I'll never forget going to McDonald's and ordering something like 50 Big Macs for our family [we were putting in a pool] and right after I placed the order, a busload of tourists drove up - the employees looked like deer in the headlights!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 pm 

The employees at our restaurant looked absolutely delighted. I'm sure it was a VERY hard day for them, but they seemed to be focused on the big picture, and understood all the support they were getting.

I imagine that a huge percentage of the employees share the owners values- what Church-goer wouldn't prefer to work for a company that gave them Sundays off for Church, and therefore apply at such an establishment? They looked to me like they were reveling(sp?) in it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:36 pm 

Seems that the events are being treated as equal, when in reality 55 TIMES more people have supported Chick-Fil-A than have signed up for tomorrow's planned ind*c*ncy.

"Same-sex couples are being urged to take photos and videos of themselves kissing outside of Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide.

About 11,000 have said on Facebook that they will attend the event. The Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day event had about 55 times that many Facebook attendees. "
http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-record- ... 27048.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm 

The local news here isn't even reporting the k*ss in that is planned. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:01 pm 

Dh and I went to Chick-Fil-A today. We wanted to support them against the protesters. There wasn't one protester there, but the drive thru was PACKED and inside was pretty packed too. I don't think the "kiss in" is doing any good. Yippee!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm 

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/03/us/chick- ... ?hpt=hp_t3

I like how they try to make the numbers sound bigger by saying two dozen people. Ok, so 24 people. Hmm, I'm sure a lot more than that showed up to support Chick Fil A on Wednesday. Sounds like today is a non-event.

"McGehee said she hopes someone will protest at each of the more than 1,600 Chick-fil-A locations. Most demonstrators will remain outside, although some have said they plan to take the protest inside, she said.

Some plan to buy food with cash marked "gay money," she said."

So some people ARE going to buy food! So, either way Chick Fil A wins! :lol:
I wonder if they realize how desperate they appear to be. Must really make them mad that they just can't do anything to actually hurt Chick Fil A. All they can do is act like children throwing a tantrum (did you hear about the vandalism in CA and the guy who was fired from his job for videotaping himself harassing a Chick Fil A employee?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next