It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: ChickFilA boss defends his faith
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm 

OOOH - is that new? Sounds yummy! : )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm 

Back on to Chick Fil A.. we have one in the next town over. We dont' go often but when we do, they are always so busy.
They are also a bit costly, but they have wonderful shakes!!
lol!
The Arby's here always plays Christian music so that's always nice.

Sis, we don't eat at Subway here because all of the local ones are owned by my late dh's brother.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm 

I checked out the website, since I haven't been there in a long time. They have a nice looking vegan oatmeal for breakfast. And, other times of day they have a fruit cup that looks nice. Not a meal, but it would be possible to patronize them to show support.

My Mom always loved their chargrilled chicken sandwich with a softserve ice cream - picked that up for her many times.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/bo ... latestnews

I really wish we could go back to simpler times, where everything wasn't a political war and fast food places were just fast food places and you didn't have to worry about them giving money to causes they have nothing to do with. What do the two even have to do with each other? Nothing. All of the sudden ChickFilA is demonized because they don't support homosexual causes? I don't get it. They don't have to, they sell chicken to anyone and everyone! Is that not enough to do what their business is set up to do?

And I appreciate ChickFilA's support of the biblical family structure, but I don't know how I feel about their comments. I don't think people in general should be silent about supporting biblical marriage, but whether a business supports it or not, speaking out about it just seems to fuel the fire and turn a non-issue into an issue. I think if I ran a business like that, I would take a neutral stance and say I'm not going to comment on something that has nothing to do with my business. You like our food, come eat it, if you don't, go somewhere else to eat. It's that simple. If they ask why I'm not donating to a homosexual group, I would ask what that has to do with my business. I don't think businesses should be donating to any political cause. It has nothing to do with their business. If it was a photography business that refused to do pictures for homosexual couples based on their beliefs, I can understand speaking out about that because it's directly related. But a fast food restaurant? They're not going to turn people away from buying their food, so why does it matter what their stance is?

I'm tired of this from both sides. I'm tired of hearing well "I'm not going there anymore because they are bigoted and discriminatory" or "I'm not buying this anymore because they support _____." I do it myself, too, and I'm tired of it. I just want to buy a product or eat somewhere because I like it. Or not buy a product or eat somewhere because I don't like it. Maybe I'll just never eat anywhere or buy anything again! Ugh!

Sorry, I'm just sad about what has happened to this once great and relatively innocent society. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm 

Oh, you dear sweet Ladies who don't eat cheese. How very sad I am for you. ;) Well, actually I guess that just means more cheese for me!!! :D I really like sour cream, too. It is weird, that there are times when cheese is what makes me feel better when nothing else does. Love it on salads Tory, can not imagine someone not liking such a delectable treat! ;) Actually, I am picky about my cheeses, as some just has awful textures and tastes, like bleu chees, swiss cheese... I love my cheddars and pepper jack! Then, a nice steaming bowl of chili with a dollop of sourcream and a sprinkle of cheese. Yummy!!! LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 pm 

Pam, I could have written your post, lol! I love cheese and sour cream, too! Can't stand bleu cheese, swiss cheese, or feta cheese (why someone wants to eat something that smells like stinky socks and tastes like stinky socks probably taste, is beyond me), but I love most other cheeses. Cheese and sour cream is a must with chili!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 pm 

Tory, I think your mom made the better choice! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 pm 

LOL! Well, I DO like cheese just not on certian foods! I don't like cheese mixed in with certian things that I eat.
It must have been feta on my brocolli, it smelled so bad!! lol!
It's like tomatoes. In some foods I love it, in others, I don't.

Lisa.. lol!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:46 pm 

Pam, I don't dislike cheese. I generally abstain from it because I don't think it is healthy - but it tastes just fine.

I'm particularly fond of feta, btw ; )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:08 pm 

I'm sure there are some unhealthy elements of cheese, but I would rather eat it than use a microwave. All my older kids bought one as soon as they moved out. When the house we bought didn't have one, I didn't go out and buy one. ;) Our new house has one, the younger kids use it once in a while. So, I guess it is trade offs for me. What do I like more than something else? That is the question I ask myself when deciding what unhealthy thing I might want over another. LOL.