It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: GA Homeschoolers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

Don't forget: Your letter of Intent and your attendance reports will be sent to the GA Dept of Education rather than your local district.

You can file through the web-based system or you can print the forms (from the GA DOE site or HSLDA) and mail them in.

The address is:
GA Department of Education
205 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE
Suite 1754 Twin Towers East
Atlanta, GA 30334
Fax: (404)46-0441

For more information go to the GaDOE webpage at http://www.gadoe.org
When you open up the DOE page, scroll down to the "Parents" section and choose the Home Schools link. You will then be informed and directed to the proper links to file electronically. Just be aware: the DOE intent form is slightly different from the HSLDA form. The DOE form asks for the birthdates of each child, whereas on the HSLDA form you only give the ages of each child.

The website also includes information on filing your attendance report. You can submit it annually or monthly. They do suggest that you file it monthly if you have an older child - for job permits and learner's/driver's licenses.

Just a head's up! :D

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Post subject: Re: GA Homeschoolers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm 

Thanks! I meant to post this and forgot. I went onto the website and once I figured out what to do, it was easy. I then printed a copy for my own records!!!
They give you an online signiture, so you do want to keep a copy of that in case you need to contact them. It's a loooong series of lettes and numbers and no something you can remember.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:50 pm 

Thanks for the warning about the signature, Tory. I've been putting this off. :oops: Online applications and that kind of thing always seems to overwhelm me, for some reason. :? It's on my to-do list for tomorrow. I have had the "crud" this week and have felt L.O.U.S.Y. so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can handle the stress! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 pm 

I put mine off also... but I finally went online the day before yesterday and got it done. ( I was afraid I'd forget before the deadline if I kept putting it off!)
It really wasn't too bad at all. Just type in the info and hit "Submit"
then they do give the option of printing.
It dates it for you so you have the date to prove it was submitted on time.

I hope you feel better soon. We are all getting a cold or something here. It must be going around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 am 

I did it! :D Now I can cross it off my "to-do" list. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm 

LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am 

Ok, Tory....I am TRYING not to panic!!!!!

I just submitted (electronically) my attendance form for the month of August (and I had no days to report, but since my school year runs from Aug 1 - July 31, I went ahead and submitted the report with 0 days.)

ANYWAY...my electronic signature is COMPLETELY different from the one I was issued when I submitted my intent form. This has me worried!!!! When I tried to type in my electronic signature (the one from the intent form) in the space provided on the attendance form, it wouldn't let me. Has this happened to you? Are you going to file your attendance yearly or monthly?

I sent an email to one of the 2 people listed on the homeschool site. But this worries me. I am NOT an electronic whiz, that's for sure!

UGH!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm 

I have not done it yet, but I will do it monthly. I'm doing financial papers today and forgot about the attendence report! EEk! I'll have to do that tonight.
I did email last Fri about my ds's SS papers and have heard nothing back from them yet.
I DO NOT Like having to do this long distance. I knew the ladies at the BOE here and it was so easy to just call them up or stop by for whatever I needed.
I'll let you know when I submit my attendence but it will be later tonight.
(I'm here on hsc while I make copies for the court, lol)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:19 pm 

This is the response I got from Judy somthing-or-other after I sent an e mail letting them know that I was issued 2 different electronic signatures and what should I do about it? (I made copies of everything, though!)

The new law for Home School requires that you submit your attendance on an annual basis. The GaDOE webpage will reflect the annual attendance report in the very near future.

I was under the impression that we could file monthly or yearly. In fact on the doe webpage they advised doing a monthly form if you have a child that will need the attendance record for driver's license/permit or a job permit. I am confused!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 pm 

You probably got an electronic reply, that is sent to anyone that inquires about attendence. No real human being reading and answering questions. Wonderful!!
And YES.. I need to report monthly also!!
I have one ds to try for his driver's license this school year, and my dd will try for her learners permit.. not to mention SS. Oh brother.
You "could" mail in the report. I may just do that. I'd rather mail it in and make a copy for my own files like I used to do before they did this huge change.