It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: newbie here
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 pm 

:D Hello!

My name is Jennifer and this will be my first year homeschooling. I have 2 children. Ashley is 14 and will be a freshman this school year (she has no desire to be homeschooled. she was accepted to a Career & Arts Magnet High School and starts on Monday). My son, Alex, is 10 and will be in the 4th grade. I had thought about beginning this adventure in homeschooling a couple years ago but was afraid of rules, regulations, and testing. If I'd only researched it earlier we could have avoided the catastrophe that was his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade years in public education. :roll: (that is a very long story and you probably don't want me to go into details here)

I have everything ready to go for this new journey and I'm super excited! Looking forward to meeting everyone here :)

Post subject: Re: newbie here
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm 

Welcome! I hope you have a wonderful beginning to your journey! I homeschooled 4 kids off and on from K thru high school and then one of my granddaughters for 2nd grade. It's stressful and discouraging at times and then wonderfully fulfilling at others! Would love to hear your details. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm 

Welcome Jennifer! : ) I look forward to getting to know you better & hearing how much you love homeschooling : )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 pm 
Site Owner

Hi Jennifer -- WELCOME! Hindsight is always 20/20. :0) I'm sure that you are on the right track now, and your son will be blessed by your efforts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:13 pm 

jennipooh2u wrote:
:D Hello!

My name is Jennifer and this will be my first year homeschooling. I have 2 children. Ashley is 14 and will be a freshman this school year (she has no desire to be homeschooled. she was accepted to a Career & Arts Magnet High School and starts on Monday). My son, Alex, is 10 and will be in the 4th grade. I had thought about beginning this adventure in homeschooling a couple years ago but was afraid of rules, regulations, and testing. If I'd only researched it earlier we could have avoided the catastrophe that was his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade years in public education. :roll: (that is a very long story and you probably don't want me to go into details here)

I have everything ready to go for this new journey and I'm super excited! Looking forward to meeting everyone here :)

Welcome Jennifer! My daughter just got dropped off at college after many years of being homeschooled. Her last two years of high school, she attended the local community college. She was able to get her Associate's Degree and her high school diploma at the same time. My son is a sophomore in high school this year after many years of being homeschooled. He wanted to try out the public school this year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 am 

jennipooh2u wrote:
If I'd only researched it earlier we could have avoided the catastrophe that was his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade years in public education. :roll: (that is a very long story and you probably don't want me to go into details here)

Hey Jennifer, I'm new here as well and I always love hearing about everyone's homeschool journey. It's always such a fascinating adventure with everyone and it always validates my choice to be a homeschooler. I am curious to know what the disaster was. Welcome to homeschool christian. God bless!