It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: New homeschooling mom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:46 pm 

Hey Lisa!

Awesome to meet you :) And thank you for serving ;) I don't even want to try to send them to the public school and personalities definitely have A LOT to do with it. I know my son will be easier to deal with, my middle daughter will be the challenge and the baby shes still growing a personality (so far its independent and stubborn! LOL).
I started using my GI bill before we decided to homeschool and its extra income while it lasts so I might as well. :) More money for books! Mwahahahahaha!

Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 pm 
Site Owner

Wow, Steph! I didn't know your dh was homeschooled as well! That's cool!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm 

stephpheneger wrote:
Good Afternoon Everyone :)

My name is Stephanie Pheneger. I am 26 1/2 (I turn 27 in June!), and I have 3 amazing loving kids. I am also married to my huby of 4 years. His name is Zach. My kids are Aiden aka Bubby (5), Sydney aka Sissy (2), and Sloan aka Chunk (1). I got out of the Navy in 2012 because I didn't want to spend anymore time in because of what was happening, and I didn't want to spend anymore time away from my kids then I already had. I am still a working Mom at this point and will be quitting my job soon to homeschool the kids. Aiden starts kindergarten this year and I'm so excited. My Mom (Donna Pheneger) belonged to this board when I was homeschool. I was homeschooled from 6th - 12th grade. I loved it and I learned so much from it. I am still in college, I'm using my GI bill, and I am currently finishing up my Bachelor's in Business Administration and starting up my Master's next spring. I changed my Master's degree to Education with a specialization in Children with Special needs. My middle daughter Sydney has non-verbal autism. I am trying to help her anyway I can and I know I can do it.

I have no clue what I'm doing (but thats pretty normal for me! Haha!) with homeschooling. I'm petrified but I'm leaning on God to lead me and my family along the right path. I love books so that may be an issue for me because I love book stores and I'm constantly buying books for the kids and myself. Hubby doesn't like to read so I don't have to worry about him (LOL!).

When I was younger homeschooling moms were pretty strict and proper. My mom was the complete opposite. She loved all of us and told us daily. She let us have fun with our school work and loves watching us grow. Now that I live 10 minutes down the road from her she loves watching her grandkids grow up. I hope I can do that for my kids. I can't wait to "meet" ya'll! :)

Also I believe Miss CLW (Cindy Lou Who) is still part of the board. Hi Miss CLW! Love ya and miss ya!

Steph

"Welcome Aboard, Stephanie! I knew you were Donna's girl. :) Love seeing all of your pictures on FB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:30 am 

Welcome aboard, Stephanie. Hollar a hullo to your mom for me. I remember praying for you as I am sure your mom prayed for my oldest daughter who is now 26, married, but I am not a granny yet. She also plans to homeschool and has dibs on all my books. Homeschooling was tough but the best thing I did for my kids, they are all very close and would do anything for each other. Enjoy your journey with your own kids.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:25 pm 

Martha,

Yes he was Jr high and high school. His Mom started because their school system was getting terrible. :( But he is a better person for it :)

Stephanie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:42 am 

((((((Stephanie))))))))...welcome gangnam style...mean CLW style...
What a beautiful family God has blessed you with...Praying for you as you help your little sweet ums with her non-verbal autism & gather all your curriculum for homeschooling. If you need anything particular, let me know via fb pm as I am getting ready to purge some of my stuff...your mom sent me tons of stuff a long time ago...(give me 2 weeks to finish personal taxes & i can see what I have...). Xxooxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 am 

Hey Miss CLW!!!!!

Thank you so much they are my world. Thank you so much! I thnk I may have a few things but I am always thinking about the future. Mom ALWAYS had more then she needed but it was a blessing in disguise. You never know what you might need and of cuorse I will give you two week for taxes. Good luck on that they are a pain! Especially since its for the hubbys job :D Love you guys and miss you!!!

Steph