It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Planners
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 pm 

Hi everyone,

I need to get organized! My biggest challenge is organizing my time. Do any of you use planners? Do you have a favorite one? I would like something that includes sections for shopping lists and meal plans, etc. I have four kids, ages 9, 8, 3, and 15 months. What are your best suggestions? Thanks!

Mama JC.

Post subject: Re: Planners
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:34 pm 

There are several on the net - search for homeschool home planner or something like that and you'll get some hits. :)

I love the planning, it's the carry thru I'm bad at. I think Flylady has something like that, too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:25 am 

I'm not a planner kind of person - I just use the month at a glance type calendar our
Church gives us.

I DO use my computer (Word documents) for stuff like menu planning & keeping a log of homeschool studies. But, it's all in my computer, and I don't print it out usually.

You CAN find a ton of free schedule printables on blogs - like this
http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/4275
or this
http://donnayoung.org/forms/index.htm
if you're a printing out sort of person.

Just google something like "homeschool planning printables" or "home management schedule printables"

You'll even find pinterest sites full of them : )

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:46 pm 

I use my Mac calendar and my iPhone to keep track of my schedule. Both sync together so they are always up to date. I have 6 different calendars within that program to keep track of different parts of my life (church, work, personal, scouts, etc, etc)

I've started to use trello . com to keep track of to-do lists in various projects (graduation, work, my sunday school class, etc.) Free, easy and syncs with my phone.

I have friends that use PlannerPads . com and love their products. There is a system in how to use it. If anyone is interested, I'll pass along one friend's blog where she goes into more detail.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:27 pm 

I have finally come to embrace the fact that I am not a planner type of person. I love Flylady (website) and I made a homemaking binder (you can fine lots of ideas for that online), but I never use either of them. My binder has sat there for 2 years without being opened, lol. I've given up on planning. I just use a wall calendar that I mark important dates on and I have a spiral notepad that I write meals on and other things that I think I'll forget if I don't write them down. Disorganization is my organization, lol. I've realized that I don't like anything that has to do with a binder, so I taped things I need for school, like scoring sheets and schedules onto the wall. Yep, that's actually what I did and it works! I also loathe doing any kind of organizing online. Ugh.

But, if it works for you Flylady is the best I know of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
I have finally come to embrace the fact that I am not a planner type of person. I love Flylady (website) and I made a homemaking binder (you can fine lots of ideas for that online), but I never use either of them. My binder has sat there for 2 years without being opened, lol. I've given up on planning. I just use a wall calendar that I mark important dates on and I have a spiral notepad that I write meals on and other things that I think I'll forget if I don't write them down. Disorganization is my organization, lol. I've realized that I don't like anything that has to do with a binder, so I taped things I need for school, like scoring sheets and schedules onto the wall. Yep, that's actually what I did and it works! I also loathe doing any kind of organizing online. Ugh.

But, if it works for you Flylady is the best I know of.

I'm with Lisa. My wall calendar has 4 columns, and each of us in the family has a column. If we have an appointment or something, then it goes on that calendar. I haven't used a solid shopping list in a long time. Just usually jot a few things down before I go if I need something I typically do not buy, often. My kids balance out their own schedules for school so I am no longer in charge of that, either. I feel spoiled!