It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Really Could Use Advice/Encouragement
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 am 

I don't really have any advice as I have struggling learners at the moment myself, mine are struggling mostly in my personal opinion due to having experienced so many tragic events in their lives. (I know many people have experienced tragic events and still done well in school, but I don't believe everyone is the same, my daughter is doing well at the college level now, but my two youngest are struggling especially my youngest).
I will pray that God gives you the wisdom to know what will work best with your family, and that he helps you to find the resources you need.

I do believe that those who have already responded to you have offered good advice, and I also believe you will find a lot of helpful information on this site, and encouragement. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 am 

Tami99 wrote:
Thanks, I will look into it....if I can find one.

If you pm me your address, I can look one up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 pm 

Tami,

Your daughter can stay in a CC class as long as you'd like her too. If she's only 10, she can definitely easily stay for another couple of years. Just because other kids move up and into Challenge, doesn't mean she has to. I kept my son in Foundations until he was 12. He just moved up into Challenge at the age of 13. So you're not enrolled in Essentials?

I'd focus heavily on those math facts. Can she skip count proficiently? If so, then it's time to move on to the full math facts. CC has a great product that is only $5 that can help her learn them.

http://www.classicalconversationsbooks. ... dcudo.html

The beauty of CC is that your daughter can continue to learn what everyone else is learning as well as focus more intensely on the areas she needs help with at home.

I've been in CC for 4 years. My daughter is graduating after 4 years of Challenge I-IV. My son had 3 years of Foundations/Essentials and is now in Challenge A. I spent two years as a Masters tutor. This is my 2nd year directing a Foundations community. Last year I was also a Support Manager and this year I'm moving into an Area Manager position. I'd be happy to help answer any CC specific questions you may have.