It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: working full time from home and need advice on how to start.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:13 pm 

Hi, I have been considering homeschooling my boy 7,10 for the last year. I am just now at the point of doing research in hopes to start after Christmas break. I am concerned to homeschool only because I own and run a small daycare out of my home. I am afraid that I will not be able to do both. I do not want angry parents thinking I am ignoring their kids and I want to be able to do the best I can for my boys as their new school teacher. It is important to me to teach my kids biblically but I am not allowed to teach anything "religious" to my daycare kids. Any advice on if this will work or if you have been thru or are going through the same situation would be greatly appreciated. Also ideas on a curriculum that works for working moms would be great. Thank you in advance. Mumzie

Post subject: Re: working full time from home and need advice on how to st
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am 

mumzie wrote:
Hi, I have been considering homeschooling my boy 7,10 for the last year. I am just now at the point of doing research in hopes to start after Christmas break. I am concerned to homeschool only because I own and run a small daycare out of my home. I am afraid that I will not be able to do both. I do not want angry parents thinking I am ignoring their kids and I want to be able to do the best I can for my boys as their new school teacher. It is important to me to teach my kids biblically but I am not allowed to teach anything "religious" to my daycare kids. Any advice on if this will work or if you have been thru or are going through the same situation would be greatly appreciated. Also ideas on a curriculum that works for working moms would be great. Thank you in advance. Mumzie

Good morning, Mumzie. Take a look at one of our other boards, here... http://www.homeschoolchristian.com/beginner.php

Can you homeschool at night or on the weekends or a combination of both? Are you married or do you have community support where someone can come and help you?

There is a lot of curriculum out there...some are "unit studies" where the majority of your subjects are included or you can get a separate curricula for each subject. Personally, math is usually better separate. Scott Bryce on this board owns and operates a math site. You could get a subscription and download as many sheets as you like. Also, YouTube has a "chalk full" of videos that your kids can watch that are educational-related. Reading the Bible or having them read the Bible to you is also a great idea.

http://www.pinterest.com/jodi_byrd/homeschool-bible/ Pinterest is also has multiple ideas and activities. Just Google and you can find just about anything.

Visit your local library or have a "story time" at your daycare. There you can "educate" everyone.