It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Hsing again next fall
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 am 

Dd has been in private Christian schools for grades 7-10 but wants to come home to have the time to do concentrate on her talents: piano, voice, volleyball, rollerball (?). Yes there is a jr league here, not the kind I am used to, its not violent, more sportsmanlike. She may also try her hand at TaiKwanDo again.

I guess the 'excitement' of 'school' has fizzled, she realizes all her time is taken up by getting ready for school, travel to and fro, afterschool practice (sports, voice) and HOMEWORK. Trying to catch up takes all weekend. She remembers we used to travel a lot more when we were hsing all 3 of them. She understands that it costs $$$ for a private school and that is where the travel money has been spent.

Good lesson in economics.

Can you please pray for us as we transition back into hsing? She is studious like my ds so I dont see any problems there. She is going to try a distance independent program first with some dual credit courses.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Hsing again next fall
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 am 
Site Owner

Great! Definitely praying that this transition goes well. :0)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:13 am 

Briva wrote:
Dd has been in private Christian schools for grades 7-10 but wants to come home to have the time to do concentrate on her talents: piano, voice, volleyball, rollerball (?). Yes there is a jr league here, not the kind I am used to, its not violent, more sportsmanlike. She may also try her hand at TaiKwanDo again.

I guess the 'excitement' of 'school' has fizzled, she realizes all her time is taken up by getting ready for school, travel to and fro, afterschool practice (sports, voice) and HOMEWORK. Trying to catch up takes all weekend. She remembers we used to travel a lot more when we were hsing all 3 of them. She understands that it costs $$$ for a private school and that is where the travel money has been spent.

Good lesson in economics.

Can you please pray for us as we transition back into hsing? She is studious like my ds so I dont see any problems there. She is going to try a distance independent program first with some dual credit courses.

I will definitely pray for you and her. Has she considered attending the local Community College? Her school schedule would be more flexible. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 pm 

Praying for you as you venture back into homeschooling. It sounds like your dd is quite the motivated young lady who has learned a very important life lesson. Blessings to you, Briva, with your upcoming school year!

As a side note: we are also beginning our homeschool adventure again. I sort of wish my oldest dd wanted to come home with her brother and sister, but with only 3 years left and a plan that extends through college to becoming a veterinarian, she really wants to stay at the public school. If she didn't struggle so much with change, I would just tell her that's what we're doing, but I have too many other challenges right now with her sister. See the Common Core thread for a more detailed explanation of what we have been dealing with as a family, but suffice it to say that our youngest dd really struggles with authority and being considerate. With God's help, we will overcome this challenge so that she will be a respectful and kind young lady.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:34 pm 

That is great. Said a prayer for your school year.
God Bless.