It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Anyone using easy peasy?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm 

I've been playing around with this site and I LOVE it! I have been using it to supplement weak areas in our current curriculum and am thinking about using it for school next year!

One link from the Easy Peasy site we are using is Xtramath, which helps kids get their math facts down. It is awesome! My kids have both been begging to do math every morning and they fight over who gets to do it first, so I will have to do something about that. They each click on their name and it logs them in and the math "tutor" tells them what to do and they are able to do it themselves, without me there, and there are fun games like "race the teacher" and the kids come running to me excitedly, telling me how many smiley faces they got. I get emails with their progress. Love this free program so far!

One of the other links, led to an activity in symmetry that the kids loved. They wanted to keep going and going, not even realizing they were doing school. Dd also loves the online calendar, where she enters the date and current weather. I am bookmarking the links to the activities they really love and saving them under "Fun school activities", so they can go back and do their favorites later, in their free time.

Back to the Easy Peasy curriculum itself, I love the way it is set up, that it's so easy and everything you need is right there and you just click on it and it's all free! I like that it's challenging, yet not too time consuming, the way it should be at this age. They have fun with the things we have done on it so far and don't even realize they're learning. They incorporate things that I often forget about, like keyboarding. It is set up so the child can eventually do it on their own, independently, which I really need at this point. I have bought some really great curriculum that requires a lot of time on my part, fully intending to use it, but I just have too much on my plate to invest a whole lot of time in one subject. This curriculum looks perfect for me.

So glad you posted this! I think it seems very well rounded.

Post subject: Re: Anyone using easy peasy?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 am 

Im glad I posted it to it will help a lot of parents who really can not afford to homeschool I also love the program so far I have used the bible but plan on using the rest this summer I have to get the computer room set up so my kids can have there own computer for school.