It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: SWR Worksheets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:49 am 

Hello friends! I am new to this forum, but have been homeschooling my 4 delights for 5 years now. We are beginning to use SWR (Spell to Write and Read) this year and I'm hoping that someone out there has worksheets to go with this curriculum so I don't have to make my own. I have a preschooler and a toddler underfoot and so spare time is limited...can I get an amen! Any help out there?

Post subject: Re: SWR Worksheets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 am 
Site Owner

Hi! I can't help with the worksheets but wanted to WELCOME you to the site!!! :0)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am 

I do! Pm me your e-mail and I'll send over the file. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:40 pm 

I use SWR, but don't know anything about worksheets? We just have the books and the journal. Am I missing out on something?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 pm 

Lisa,

In the Wise Guide, there are enrichments both at the top and bottom of the pages. A friend and I made these into worksheets because of homeschooling more than one child. When not in worksheet form, the teacher is required to be involved in those activities. With worksheets, the student can begin working independently. It also saves time as you do not have to format a piece of paper before starting the work. You can purchase some made by one of the SWR trainers or you can make them yourself. There was a bit of controversy over it with some trainers because they insisted it took some of the thought process out of the work but the fact is, SWR is not the only thing we do in a day so we needed ways to save time. The kids' spelling hasn't suffered for it. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 pm 

Genius! I hadn't even thought about making them into worksheets, but that would help out so much! Thanks for explaining!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 pm 

Carli wrote:
Lisa,

In the Wise Guide, there are enrichments both at the top and bottom of the pages. A friend and I made these into worksheets because of homeschooling more than one child. When not in worksheet form, the teacher is required to be involved in those activities. With worksheets, the student can begin working independently. It also saves time as you do not have to format a piece of paper before starting the work. You can purchase some made by one of the SWR trainers or you can make them yourself. There was a bit of controversy over it with some trainers because they insisted it took some of the thought process out of the work but the fact is, SWR is not the only thing we do in a day so we needed ways to save time. The kids' spelling hasn't suffered for it. ;)

I found this googling swr worksheets. I am new here, I don't know how to PM yet, but I'll be PMing you if that is OK for those links?
You find me trying to do SWR pregnant with my 4th and my oldest in Kinder/1st grade. So I need worksheets.

I found a nice font, 5th grade cursive is the name is looks nice and might be good for worksheets if you are doing cursive first style.
I don't know how to PM here and is frustrating. I have done a few lessons on cursive using the font above mentioned, but I am at the begining, not lists yet, but learning to write the letters yet.

Thank you!

K

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm 

welcome to the boards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 pm 

thank you for the welcome!
I guess you have to have a number of posts before you can PM. so I am able now and did =o)

k