It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Skipping Sodas?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 pm 

Since a few of you have mentioned having a tough time getting rid of your sodas, I thought I'd mention a good summertime replacement.

Iced herb tea. Throw two herb teabags in a 1.5 quart pitcher & fill with tap water. Put in fridge till cold (tea makes itself - suntea doesn't really *require* sun!). Pour over ice & enjoy.

I'm enjoying a glass of Stash Strawberry Pomegranate even as we speak.

(I've found that often the very flavors hiding in the back of my cupboard because I don't like them hot are delicious iced : )

I know this is an obvious "hint" - but somehow every summer I forget about it & find myself wondering what to drink when I've had too much iced coffee & the day isn't over.

Post subject: Re: Skipping Sodas?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:23 pm 

We love our sweet tea! I almost always have a pitcher in the fridge, but I noticed that my tea was starting to get sweeter and sweeter, lol, so after surviving completely UNsweetened iced tea at a friends and actually enjoying it by the end of the glass, I have started making ours just sweet enough to be enjoyable but not cavity-inducing. It is so refreshing on a hot day and a good thirst-quencher since soda just makes you more thirsty.

Post subject: Re: Skipping Sodas?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm 

Anna,
Isn't this good?
I've not put the tea bags right in the water and placed in the fridge. I always heat my water up, and steep my tea bags, cooling the water off, then refrigerating the tea.

I haven't had a soda in I don't know how long...
I also like Arnold Palmers, which for our family consists of 3/4 iced tea of some sort, mixed with 1/4 lemonade. We usually make our own lemonade from lemons or use the lemon juice concentrate from the store.