It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Truth behind 'healthy' coconut oil
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm 

https://mailchi.mp/drmcdougall.com/the-real-coconut-oil-miracle?e=ea308becd7

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Truth behind 'healthy' coconut oil
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 pm 

HA! I KNEW IT! LOL I think you'll find a post to that effect if you look. But it comes from my hatred of anything coconut!!! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:39 pm 

Yeah- it seemed kinda obvious to me, too. I see these "healthy" desserts online that call for a 1/2 cup of solid fat. They GOTTA know (deep down inside) that its not a good health choice.

Kinda like the lady today who tried to convince me how wonderful it was to eat raw, ground meat. I am SO missing out, being vegetarian and all ; )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Yeah- it seemed kinda obvious to me, too. I see these "healthy" desserts online that call for a 1/2 cup of solid fat. They GOTTA know (deep down inside) that its not a good health choice.

Kinda like the lady today who tried to convince me how wonderful it was to eat raw, ground meat. I am SO missing out, being vegetarian and all ; )

It's been the kind of week that i am wanting to nourish my body and fuel it rather than "enjoy" meals. I've lived on the soup, rice and beans and sweet potato i made on monday and the frozen pumpkin muffins from the fall festival. I don't know if it will stick but it's been a comfort.

Dd is here and pretty sick. She bo't some Banquet pot pies to hold her over. I love those dumb things!!! But it wasn't even tempting to me.

I did grab a bag of cheetos when checking out of walmart. It was a small bag and i enjoyed them but then i was done. Usually a small bag of any chip is NOT enuf.

Dh should be coming home today. They decided to do ONE more test - a nuclear scan - before releasing him. I'm sure his VA insurance won't be happy with all these expensive tests but what are ya gonna do, say no thank you? :roll: (Well, *I* might!)

I am just waiting for the laundry to dry and i will head up to the hospital. Happy to think it may be the last trip up there this week. :mrgreen:

I consider any fat that turns solid at room temp isn't really good for me to ingest. I *LOVE* it but i may be ready to turn my back on it. We'll see how long this lasts. ;)

And personally, i'm not thinking olive oil is good for us either. At least not in the quantities we use it. I'm trying to hold out on using any oils but i do use a squirt of flaxseed oil occasionally in my black beans and rice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 pm 

Glad you're taking care of yourself as best you can, Sis. Praying for you here.

Here's a bit on Olive Oil - yeah, we're pretty stingy with it, too ; )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBKauKVi4M&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Glad you're taking care of yourself as best you can, Sis. Praying for you here.

Here's a bit on Olive Oil - yeah, we're pretty stingy with it, too ; )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBKauKVi4M&feature=youtu.be

Exactly! Good video! Dr Esselstyne told us that but we didn't want to believe it. ;) I am doing good on my vegan way of eating this week! NO oil except the squire of flaxseed oil. I am a little chicken to do without any oil because i did that twice and got .... well, crazy feeling. I'm doing less and less. I eat avocado and maybe that will help.

I WILL eat salmon once a week or so if i find god salmon.