It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:13 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: High protein low carb.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am 

Ugh. I decided to jump on the "keto" bandwagon but really ended up doing my own thing with high protein and low carbing it. I told myself if i lost THREE pounds this week i'd stick with it another week. I lost 3 lb. sigh I don't really LIKE eating this way - well, i LIKE it, but i don't. Perfect sense, right?

So, another week of high protein low carb - here i come! I'm just home from a 3 day whirlwind of a trip to Seattle to see my kids and littles and tomorrow i work. I need to throw together a lunch as well as breakfast that is all protein - without the carbs. I'm out of lettuce so ......... ?

Anyways, i'm so tired i can hardly think so i better hit the sack and worry about all that tomorrow! "I'll think about it tomorrow." :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: High protein low carb.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:33 pm 

Dh has lost weight by intermittent fasting. He gets up and goes and has only water until he is hungry, usually way past lunchtime. Then eats a small dinner. He wants me to try. But I did that in college. I did lose weight. But I also lost the desire to eat, anything. Don't want to ever do that again. I had a tortilla wrap with hummus, tomato, spinach leaves, and kimchi for lunch.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: High protein low carb.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:53 am 

I ended up throwing a quiche together this morning - ham, broccoli, cheese, bacon, eggs and cream. I do like quiche! :) I made a smoked salmon quiche with cream cheese and green onions and yum! Even dh said THAT is a KEEPER! LOL

Today i got a salad at a local lunch place but it had a couple tablespoons of beans and corn in it and baby bag of fritos! Oops! I took most of the fritos out so don't think i did TOO badly, but i'll have to watch that. I couldn't think of any carbs that would be in the salad except croutons.