It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am 

Now this one looks good, there is also a vegan chocolate pie
https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?e=ea308becd7&u=5e58f59d97611f910916b6276&id=110d6522ca

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Post subject: Re: Vegan pumpkin stew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am 

That DOES look good : )

I've tried several pumpkin Entrees in the past - but so far they have been too hot & spicy or too bland. I haven't been able to find one that was a flavorful crowd-pleaser yet. Orange veggies other than carrots are a hard sell at our house! DD is a fan of acorn squash now (didn't used to be : ) and likes that just with a tiny bit of earth balance & sweetener - which is easy :D

*I* tend to like all sorts of "weird" flavors - but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:15 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!

:lol:

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
That DOES look good : )

I've tried several pumpkin Entrees in the past - but so far they have been too hot & spicy or too bland. I haven't been able to find one that was a flavorful crowd-pleaser yet. Orange veggies other than carrots are a hard sell at our house! DD is a fan of acorn squash now (didn't used to be : ) and likes that just with a tiny bit of earth balance & sweetener - which is easy :D

*I* tend to like all sorts of "weird" flavors - but to spend the time that a pumpkin requires - AND to end up with the quantity that a pumpkin produces - it NEEDS to be more than just me eating it!

I found one that everyone liked - i won't say "loved" but it was a "do again" one. I think it was Rachael Ray's Pumpkin and Black Bean soup.

This one combines yams with pumpkin but with the maple syrup in it i'm wondering if i would like it. ??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm 

We have a familial taboo - sweet (pumpkin, raisins, sweet potatoes, apples etc) and savory (mushrooms, beans, meat etc) don't "go together"

I'm the ONLY one in the family that doesn't subscribe to this dogma.

So, if I break it, I'm eating (that dish) :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:55 pm 

Yeah - dh follows that rule, too. I like many things that are sweet and savory together like the date and bacon pizza! :) I just get the idea of "pumpkin pie with corn" in my head and ... eeek! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 pm 

Sis wrote:
Yeah - dh follows that rule, too. I like many things that are sweet and savory together like the date and bacon pizza! :) I just get the idea of "pumpkin pie with corn" in my head and ... eeek! LOL

Maybe you & I should go out to lunch sometime! :D

I LOVE sweet & savory together :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Sis wrote:

Maybe you & I should go out to lunch sometime! :D

I LOVE sweet & savory together :mrgreen:

Works for me!!! :D 8-) :D