It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Weird weird weird!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm 

I just made "cheesey oats"! Oats and water, nooch, termeric, s&p, onion powder - cooked it down and added cooked broccoli and mushrooms to make a kind of "broccoli cheese soup"! I'm sure i'd like it even better with rice instead of oats but i'm trying to get my oats in. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Weird weird weird!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 pm 

did you blend it so it was creamy?

It *does* sound weird!

(I have a problem with Nooch - it tastes bitter to me in a way that others don't seem to taste. Guess I'm a "super taster" of something it contains)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
did you blend it so it was creamy?

It *does* sound weird!

(I have a problem with Nooch - it tastes bitter to me in a way that others don't seem to taste. Guess I'm a "super taster" of something it contains)

There IS a certain taste to it. Sometimes i don't like it in stuff. I was iffy on this but with the added onion pdr and stuff it seemed to do the trick. (Or maybe it was the broccoli and mushrooms?)

I didn't blend it til it was creamy but i might try that next time. I just told myself it was like rice in my soup! And i listened! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 pm 

I have got that oaty cheese sauce perfected. I use roasted pimentos. My youngest loved it in macaroni. I got to try it on my son. Got him enjoying lots of vegan dishes.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 am 

Briva wrote:
I have got that oaty cheese sauce perfected. I use roasted pimentos. My youngest loved it in macaroni. I got to try it on my son. Got him enjoying lots of vegan dishes.

You add the roasted pimentos to the oats? oats and nooch?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 am 

I have never used nooch. I use herbs, spices and aromatic vegetables.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:00 pm 

Briva wrote:
I have never used nooch. I use herbs, spices and aromatic vegetables.

I remember you talking about using the roasted pimientos before but i never got around to trying it. Can you give me a "recipe" for it? :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm 

For 8oz of pasta, saute in a medium saucepan 1/4 cup minced onion and 1-2 cloves minced garlic in a little olive oil. Add 1 1/2 cups soymilk, a vegetable bouillon cube (I use Herb Ox-gluten and msg free), salt and pepper to taste. Keep on medium heat. In a blender add 1/2 cup of oat flour, 1/4 cup minced roasted pimentos, and 1 1/2 cups water. Process until smooth and add to saucepan. Stir until thickened, it should look like cheese sauce. Add to cooked macaroni, bake for 25-30 minutes. I like to top with with fresh bread crumbs, sprinkle with margarine and vegan parmesan before baking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:16 pm 

Briva wrote:
For 8oz of pasta, saute in a medium saucepan 1/4 cup minced onion and 1-2 cloves minced garlic in a little olive oil. Add 1 1/2 cups soymilk, a vegetable bouillon cube (I use Herb Ox-gluten and msg free), salt and pepper to taste. Keep on medium heat. In a blender add 1/2 cup of oat flour, 1/4 cup minced roasted pimentos, and 1 1/2 cups water. Process until smooth and add to saucepan. Stir until thickened, it should look like cheese sauce. Add to cooked macaroni, bake for 25-30 minutes. I like to top with with fresh bread crumbs, sprinkle with margarine and vegan parmesan before baking.

I went to a different store today. I don't know if this is a bad day for them, or what, but they didn't have several things i was looking for including the pimientos!!! :? The stores are SO big these days that it's tiring looking around for every little thing when you don't know where stuff is so we hit the library and headed home. I had planned on going on in to the other town where i usually shop but the library wasn't even open til noon. sigh