It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: While i continue making things more difficult than need be..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 pm 

i am also learning and discovering things. Learning is about "bulk cooking". Difficult to do when you don't have freezer OR fridge space but i'm making it work. I just threw out a bunch of stuff from the freezer! :mrgreen: Nobody will ever miss it!

I'm finding that i will HAVE to make a list of what's made so i make sure to USE it before it goes bad.

Since i have declared my "diet" everybody has left me alone about eating their foods AND cooking! :D This has been a huge blessing! Dh seems happy to be creating his own meals (he IS a good cook!) and mom is making whatever sounds good to her without making any for us. It seems everyone is happier now altho' we would all like to have a sit-down meal together. We just don't eat at the same times.

I *discovered* some ADORABLE little canning jars (1/2 c) that i will probably use for dressings or sauces or spice mix stuff. Maybe even some flax seed meal that will be handier. :mrgreen:

Can't say i don't crave stuff. I battle a couple times a day. Hopefully those times will become less frequent as time goes on.

As the days get shorter we may be able to join mom for her early dinner by having a cup of soup as an appetizer or something. We'll see.

The weight loss has slowed to a crawl after that wonderful 5# drop the first week but i'm down nearly 10lb. :) Drat those tenths of pounds on the digital scale! :evil:

Post subject: Re: While i continue making things more difficult than need
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:23 pm 

This morning i waited until i was hungry enuf to cook something - nothing quick and easy. I ended up making a "chowder" of veggie broth, garbanzos, onion and garlic, a 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, couple handfuls of corn and a couple of baby potatoes. I blended part of it. I sprinkled in some "nooch" (nutritional yeast). It was good! Simple enuf for a regular rotation. :)

As usual, i am struggling with myself. After i eat something i shouldn't i ask myself if it was worth it. The coffee is! The chips were not. A couple of cookies would've been but i ate too many and that was not worth it. The pepsi bloated me up uncomfortably so not worth it.

I'm trying to think of what i'm "missing" - like cheese or something. The one consistent thing i feel like using is oil. Salt and grease is my favorite food group and i miss it. The other things i miss are occasional bursts of "oh, that sounds so good!" but quickly passes. I did squeeze a bit of flaxseed oil in my food last night. Oh YUM! WORTH IT!

Just bein' honest here. My "journal" of my journey, i guess. I've been slipping on my water consumption. Need to get back to that. So, i think i'll give myeslf a C for this week. :P