It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Beginning AGAIN
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:53 am 

So, it seems i can't really control the food thing here at this time, or myself, SO...

I'm going to focus on MOVING. I walked 20 minutes this morning before work.

I don't want to pig out or anything but i hope to just eat what's put before me and eat less. Four cooks in the house is kinda CRAZY! It seems like you could split up the responsibilities but it just doesn't work that way here. sigh

Post subject: Re: Beginning AGAIN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:54 pm 

LOL I see it's only been a couple of weeks and i've completely fallen off the wagon again. SMH

My friend wrote something about DRASTIC MEASURES to get the pounds to start coming off (speaking for herself) and i am jumping back onboard with that cry! I don't care what anybody else is cooking or eating. I don't care that there's the best clam chowder every friday only a block from where i work. I don't care that i'm taking dil out for her bday to a fun and special restaurant - i will find something worthy of entering "the temple". This body is the only place i have to live for the rest of my life so i better start cleaning it up! I am not going to have "that one cheat/treat" because those are the "delicacies" that are killing me!

I've been battling such heartburn and tight clothes and i feel like i'm "this close" to a heart attack. I'm short of breath all the time now. My blood pressure is going back up. I HAVE to stop worrying about everybody else and do what's healthy for ME. Why do i feel disloyal to the coffee shop lady if i don't eat her chowder?! Shouldn't i feel disloyal to myself for thinking i need to kill myself to make others feel good?

I've ordered Rip Esselstyn's 7 Day Rescue Plan but i'm not waiting for it to get here! I'm familiar enuf with his dad's plan to get started! I'll have to eat what i can find around the house which will probably be canned beans and frozen veggies but HEY! That's better than pepsi and candy bars, right?!

I seem to be the type that has to go DRASTIC. If i allow myself any little leeways i end up sliding down that slippery slope. Lord, help me!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 pm 

I saw that! I saw you rolling your eyes! puh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:25 pm 

Sis wrote:

:roll:

I as rolling them at myself, really.
When I first moved I was so busy cleaning, unpacking, organizing, etc. That I lost 15lbs and I was franctic looking for my belt because my work khakis kept sliding and I was forever pulling them up. Well, now they are tight on me. I have no excuse, because ds eats at work and on days off he just fixes himself something. So I am cooking for myself but mostly snack :oops: I have to choose better small meal choices.

Walking helps. Bible study started so I go off shopping/walking in town. Had to find a door sweep at Lowe's. I hate those big stores, but they are air-conditioned and there is plenty to look at. I DO need to keep an eye on refrigerator prices. The one that came with the house makes funny noises :?

I am out in the yard everyday. We inherited an overgrown mess. Been tackling it little by little. They squirrels hate me. I am responsible for the branches being trimmed and they can't get to the roof anymore. They throw pine cones at me.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm 

Briva wrote:
Sis wrote:

When I first moved I was so busy cleaning, unpacking, organizing, etc. That I lost 15lbs and I was franctic looking for my belt because my work khakis kept sliding and I was forever pulling them up. Well, now they are tight on me. I have no excuse, because ds eats at work and on days off he just fixes himself something. So I am cooking for myself but mostly snack :oops: I have to choose better small meal choices.

Walking helps. Bible study started so I go off shopping/walking in town. Had to find a door sweep at Lowe's. I hate those big stores, but they are air-conditioned and there is plenty to look at. I DO need to keep an eye on refrigerator prices. The one that came with the house makes funny noises :?

I am out in the yard everyday. We inherited an overgrown mess. Been tackling it little by little. They squirrels hate me. I am responsible for the branches being trimmed and they can't get to the roof anymore. They throw pine cones at me.

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: At least you have some things to do to be active. The things i like to do are all sedentary. BUT...... i have a treadmill and exercise stuff to do in the house. I just have to NOT let myself do anything else until i've done some moving!

The eating went pretty well today. Zero "cheats". Tomorrow will be harder, i know. Cookie day at work. Clam chowder a block away. Coffee calling my name. I gotta make some things for lunch that will keep me munching the good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm 

Sis wrote:
Briva wrote:
Sis wrote:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: At least you have some things to do to be active. The things i like to do are all sedentary. BUT...... i have a treadmill and exercise stuff to do in the house. I just have to NOT let myself do anything else until i've done some moving!

The eating went pretty well today. Zero "cheats". Tomorrow will be harder, i know. Cookie day at work. Clam chowder a block away. Coffee calling my name. I gotta make some things for lunch that will keep me munching the good stuff.

Not only do i do GREAT at work friday but today! Mom and i took dil out to eat for her bday and they had a black bean quinoa burger! :) No pop, no coffee, lots of water. Three days down!

No exercise. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:10 pm 

Four days down and i'm 3# lighter. My blood pressure dropped from 1778/87 to 144/76!

Too bad i blew it today. :( It was accidental. We went out to eat and there was NOTHING that would be on my diet. Then i spied borscht! It said 6 veggies but did NOT mention the beef. Nor the sour cream. sigh I was HUNGRY and there was nothing else there that i could see so i ate it. (Yes, it was good!)

Back on track now. Three days to go. By then i hope to have the book and glean from there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am 

Whoa - 2# down from yesterday! That's 6# in 1 week! And i can feel it!!! Now to keep on going.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:50 am 

Great job, Sis! : )