It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Say WHAT?!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 pm 

I've never heard of this!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 7e6258cc07

Post subject: Re: Say WHAT?!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:13 am 

Interesting to know.

I've never heard of it either.

Benadryl can save a life in case of a severe allergic reaction. And it can certainly save your sanity if you have the kind of contact dermatitis (think poison Ivy with an exponent after it) that I get. So I sure wouldn't toss my bottle out!

But, this is important to keep in your memory in case a family member has a bad reaction.

My Mom had a rare bad reaction to Zantac (the stomach medicine) once when the hospital subbed it in for her regular Prilosec. They did it without asking the doctor - it was "hospital policy" because of insurance hassles. Thank goodness an experienced nurse knew what was going on!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm 

I think when people get older they are on so many different medicines that a reaction is almost inevitable!

My mom would rather take a pill than try anything natural (and I mean even simply walking 10 minutes a day).. She takes 6 or 7 different meds daily all at different times. I often wonder about things reacting with what she's already taking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:21 pm 

I am trying to get off the pills. The statins can kill you. I just want something that will keep my blood pressure down for good. I have had pills and none work, no doctor tells you when you should take them, etc. Useless doctors.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 pm 

LindaS wrote:
I am trying to get off the pills. The statins can kill you. I just want something that will keep my blood pressure down for good. I have had pills and none work, no doctor tells you when you should take them, etc. Useless doctors.

Are you still exercising, Linda? I know you were doing the kettle bell or ball? Do you walk?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:38 pm 

I have a stationery bike.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm 

Sis, many years ago I bought this giant paperback book, where you could look up any drug, it's uses, it's side effects and safer alternatives ESPECIALLY for the elderly
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00263ZLDK/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

I would look up the drugs they were giving to my parents. My book is kind of outdated now but here is a source for updated resources.

http://www.worstpills.org

I know that any narcotics are life threatening, morphine gave my dad hallucinations, Dilaudid stopped his heart. When my mom had her brain bleed they were giving her propofil, that's what killed Michael Jackson. It's standard protocol now if you are 65 (maybe younger) or older you are given strong narcotics probably in hopes you will NOT wake up. Beware of what they want to stick in your IV besides saline.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26