It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Every day a new beginning.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 pm 

Big deep breath. After losing 4 lb, I went to church camp. The biscuits and gravy started me on a downward spiral. I craved, and caved to the cravings. I had chocolate mousse cake along with french fries and ranch! I had sweet and sour chicken, almond chicken and hunan chicken ALL in the same meal and then ate the leftovers for dinner. The biscuits and gravy were so good I came home and made more. I GAINED the four pounds back PLUS 2 more!!! :evil: I am very mad at myself

After 3 days of severe "stomach" pains (for about 1/2 hour each time), not fitting into my clothes and feeling extremely uncomfortable - I am back on track.

I've had 3 cups of water already today (before 10am). I've walked. I had 2 eggs with 1 cup of purple cabbage and a few slices of onion plus 1t nutritional yeast powder cooked as an omelet in 1 t olive oil. My morning snack will be an apple sprinkled liberally with cinnamon. Lunch is a lean 4oz of beef and mustard greens with fresh "limeade" made with 1/2 a lime, 8oz water and a sprinkle of stevia. A few baby carrots if I get hungry before or after dinner and 4 oz skinless chicken for dinner with... I dunno yet - maybe salad.

This is about as clean as it gets. I plan to lean towards the vegetarian meals as I continue and only have meat once or twice a week. We'll have to see how that goes. Dh is also tweaking his diet. He fell SO far off the wagon (every bit as badly as I did) and he just knows he will not go forever not eating meat. SO, if we can just keep the meat in small portions and have a meat meal no more than 3x a week.... it will be better than "normal".

Bread continues to be an issue for dh but at least he chooses the healthier breads - the whole wheat made by a friend that grinds her own wheat and the coop breads that are generally not made with white flour. But he eats WAY too much bread.

Post subject: Re: Every day a new beginning.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:05 pm 

I'm SO proud of myself! I was going to kind of watch and do a little bit of my Callanetics to get back in the swing of things and I did nearly ALL of it! I hope to do Calla 3x a week cuz I really think it's one of the best things for my body. For this week I want to do my Pilates for Wimps 3x, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm 

If you can find that balance between too strict and too open to everything in excess, then you will find the place that allows you the foods you love without the stress on your body. Your body is definitely letting you know that it had too much, but don't throw out particular food unless you know that it is a stressor to your body. Just have a little here and there and you will probably not crave it the same way.

You are doing great to get back into the groove that works best for you!!!

Post subject: The day after day one.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm 

I can feel some aches from the Callanetics yesterday! Loi. It's such a gentle workout that you don't really think you're doing that much but this is a reminder that it IS a workout. ;-)

I can't BELIEVE I drank 90+ oz of water!!! Those of you that know me KNOW what a big accomplishment that is. Now, can I do it again? Twelve oz down so far this morning.

I had a piece of toast with flaxseed oil, plain Greek yogurt and mixed berries for breakfast. Already started my artichoke soup for lunch and boiled some eggs for tomorrow.

Without beans, I'm having a hard time getting my protein in. Is algae protein? I think she said vegetarians can use blue-green algae in place of meat? I might have to have some chicken in my soup.

Anyways - down to 181 this morning! That's THREE POUNDS! I feel better already and I have to admit, my eyes don't feel so gritty after drinking NINETY oz of water. hehe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 pm 

Algae is high in protein, but you would have to eat a HUGE quantity!

Why are you avoiding beans?

If it's a digestive issue, you might do better with lentils - especially the red ones that don't have skins. They're much easier to digest.

Glad you're seeing your desired drop in weight : )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm 

I'm doing 11 days of a specific cleansing diet and beans (and nuts) are not on it. Actually, she says you CAN have some if you need them but they will hinder weight loss a bit. I'm going for the gold! ;-)

I am eating eggs and chicken and beef and fish. I'm just having a hard time getting ALL the foods I'm supposed to eat into my diet. It's not really a lot of food... I just make things more difficult than they need to be. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 pm 

If you're already getting eggs, beef, chicken & fish, how could you be not getting enough protein? It sounds like a HUGE quantity of protein.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm 

Well, that's not everyday. I'm to eat 1-2 eggs and then 2 portions of 3-4 oz meat - OR at least 1-2T of the blue-green algae. I didn't get a second portion of meat in yesterday. I did have yogurt, tho'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 pm 

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vegetabl ... otein.html

You might find these charts helpful.

Even the amounts of animal foods you list put you at more protein than you need for a day - not counting veggies, grains and other protein sources in your diet. You're doing fine! : )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm 

Sparks People says protein should be at 60-175. Using only the top veggie part of the chart I don't see how I could possibly get proteins in with just veggies? It's a good chart tho' and I'll keep it as a reference.