It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Tracking my food.
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:31 pm 

Monday i did a low calorie day with 2 vegan shakes and one meal of brown rice, caesar salad, and steamed cabbage. 637 calories I tho't the macros were pretty good with 39 carbs, 13 fat, 48 protein and 18 fiber! :D

Tuesday i upped it a little to 900 calories. I skipped breakfast and had cauliflower soup for lunch. Macros were 66 carbs, 16fat, 16 protein :? , 10 fiber. I was happy with everything except the protein.

Wednesday is upped even more to 1234 calories! I had a vegan shake this morning but i also had "fried" potatoes with green bell pepper and onion and a spray of oil. Lunch is a chickpea salad sandwich with spinach leaves and a cup of cauliflower soup. Dinner, i'm trying vegan caprese salad made with tofu instead of the cheese. Hmmm. And a 1/2 c brown rice. To bring up the protein level i'll have another vegan shake for snack later. Carbs 135. fat 50, protein 71, and fiber 29. THESE numbers are actually right where i want them to be. :mrgreen: :ugeek: 8-)

I've been doing a few weight lifting things and walking about 10 min at a time on the treadmill. I'm back down to the 7# loss i had gotten to at the beginning. I think i'll make monday my weigh in day which will make me be watchful during potluck sunday!!! (Know thyself!) :lol:

I'm also beginning to "get" the math - a fat is 9 calories and carbs and proteins are both 4 calories. It would be less work if everything were listed as calories instead of grams. Why not say something is 36 calories of fat rather than 4g?