It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Things I'm doing to try to get healthier
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:04 pm 

My body is telling me that I'm not in my 20's anymore, so I can't keep eating like I am. Over the years, I have gotten to the point where I like things super salty. I dump salt all over everything. I don't like that my blood pressure has been high or borderline, when it used to be low. Just had a dental appt. last week and it was 140/90. I'm trying to lower my blood pressure, so I'm trying to cut out as much sodium as I can. I would eventually like to get back on a mostly vegan diet, but for now, I'm trying to focus on fat and sodium.

I'm also drinking more water and eating more vegetables. There's just no way to get around the fact that it's more work. I wish I had all day to fix fruit and veggies. One "rule" I came up with, is that whenever I fix fruit for the kids, I get some for myself.

I am getting more sleep and doing my sinus rinses twice a day. I think it is helping. I have felt good, even great, all week. The only problem I've had, is on Wednesday night when I went to class. I had felt fine all day, but had a headache by the time I got to class. It was still there the next morning, but surprisingly went away that morning. I don't know if the sinus rinse helped or what, but I have had more energy and the "fogginess" in my head is gone. It was getting to the point where it was hard to get out of bed each morning, I just felt overall bad. But lately, I've been waking up feeling great and ready to face the day. I hope I didn't jinx things by saying that.

I've always put self care last, thinking that's just what you do when you're a mom. You're supposed to always be tired, have bags and circles under your eyes, have no energy, no time to eat something healthy, no time to rest, etc. Now, I realize that that's not what it means to be a mother, you just have to use your time more wisely to take care of yourself.

Now, I just need to incorporate exercise into each day. I want to start going for daily walks, which is something so many people seem to have no problem with, but I've always struggled to fit in.

Post subject: Re: Things I'm doing to try to get healthier
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:25 pm 

What's good for you is probably going to be good for the kids, too. Good job taking care of yourself. :)