It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Siiiiiigghhhhh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 am 

Tonight, dh announced that HE wants to go on a diet! VEGAN! (Except for Ranch dressing.) :P He wants US to commit to SIX MONTHS of eating basically beans and rice and salad. I imagine it will evolve a bit and he's decided on one "cheat" meal a week.

While not ideal, it will sure make things easier! :mrgreen:

I think I mentioned I twisted my foot and have been unable to get my steps in. I've used that as an excuse to just sit as much as possible. :? So... no more of that. Even if I have to walk slowly and carefully, I can still walk! And do other exercises!

Post subject: Re: Siiiiiigghhhhh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 pm 

I wish mine would agree to beans and rice and salad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 pm 

Linda I thought the exact same thing! Maybe we just need to be worse cooks so the only good thing we make is rice and beans! :lol:

Sis, did you say you tried Blue Apron? Tell us about it! I downloaded some recipes from their site some time back but never got around to trying any.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:35 pm 

coastal Carol wrote:
Linda I thought the exact same thing! Maybe we just need to be worse cooks so the only good thing we make is rice and beans! :lol:

Sis, did you say you tried Blue Apron? Tell us about it! I downloaded some recipes from their site some time back but never got around to trying any.

My Blue Apron comes March 30 and i will definitely be gabbing about it! I went to see if i could change it to vegetarian, at least, but i'm leaving it as is and we'll just deal with it. I'll cancel immediately afterwards whether or not we like it because of 1) the cost and 2) the beans and rice! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:39 pm 

LindaS wrote:
I wish mine would agree to beans and rice and salad.

Well, *I* didn't get him to do it. He resisted me all the way! He just came home last night and said he wants to commit to SIX MONTHS of beans, rice and salad so he could lose weight. Out of the blue! He's been eating more lately and buying ice cream regularly. He asked me to go get him some and i said i would if he didn't care about my health. ;)

This certainly makes the shopping list shorter!!! Mom can't eat beans, brown rice, OR salad so she'll be on her own for her meals. Maybe she can cook for dgs and herself and i'll cook for dh and myself. Or she can cook for all of us. Whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

God works in mysterious ways! : )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm 

Well, yes He does, Anna! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 pm 

Honestly, i would be so sick of just beans and rice after a few days! Six months?? Oh.. This is going to be interesting! Please keep us posted.
I admire your willpower!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:22 am 

Tory wrote:
Honestly, i would be so sick of just beans and rice after a few days! Six months?? Oh.. This is going to be interesting! Please keep us posted.
I admire your willpower!

I know what you mean!!! But, the first time we did vegan we ended up eating mostly beans and rice and we were ok. I do hope to vary the menu by making Cajun B&R, Italian B&R Soup, Puerto rican B&R, Mexican B&R, etc. It IS going to be interesting, especially with mom trying to help out! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:00 am 

Sis wrote:
Tory wrote:
I admire your willpower!

I know what you mean!!! But, the first time we did vegan we ended up eating mostly beans and rice and we were ok. I do hope to vary the menu by making Cajun B&R, Italian B&R Soup, Puerto rican B&R, Mexican B&R, etc. It IS going to be interesting, especially with mom trying to help out! LOL

Lol

Remember beans are in meals like minestrone soup, pasta e fagioli, hummus, burritos...So it's just not beans and rice. I make a yellow rice that I add beans and veg to, like hoppin John with black eyed peas.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26