It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Woohoo! Crushed it!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 pm 

I had my coffee this morning because i woke up with a nice headache after being up every 40 minutes sucking up water last night. :? That's at least 138 calories. But, i didn't eat anything else for breakfast. I had Greek pizza on pita bread for lunch - yum! I forgot how much i like it. I haven't tried to add those calories up. I went to town and picked up one of those tiny bags of Lay's potato chips and a diet pepsi. I know, i KNOW! But, sheesh! I'm going to try to do more tea and water.

I was only about 3700+ steps when i got home and it's been raining all day but i put on my new sweats dh got me for walking and i went out and killed it! I went a bit further and got my 5000+ steps and NINETEEN floors of stairs (so far)!

There was a tiny bit of feta on my pizza and i had half and half in my coffee. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

Anyways, i look like a drowned rat now. I need to get ready for work tomorrow. I really like a wrap for lunch and soup helps me fill up. I may pick up a bunch of microwave lunches for my two straight weeks of work coming up. If i can get my own lunches made then i'll still have the frozen dinners for other times but it will help me not order from the tavern or coffee shop - except clam chowder on friday! :mrgreen:

I'm feelin' good on this second day. 8-)

Post subject: Re: Woohoo! Crushed it!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 pm 

Tory, tell me about your day! How'd you do?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 pm 

I think I did pretty well. Coffee and overnight oatmeal for breakfast. I added blueberries to the oatmeal.

For a snack a few pieces of dark chocolate with a tiny bit of peanut butter. (i could eat that all day!)

Lunch was zucchini sliced thin to make "noodles" that I topped with grilled chicken and spaghetti sauce.

Then dd got me 2 Arby sliders.. Ugh... I ate one and took the bread off the other and just ate the meat.

Then for dinner Ds made chicken quesadilias with cheese so i had one but squished a lot of the filling out, lol!

I did have a small slice of cake with my coffee a little while ago. But it was the last piece and it was calling me by name.... :blush:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:15 pm 

Tory wrote:
I think I did pretty well. Coffee and overnight oatmeal for breakfast. I added blueberries to the oatmeal.

For a snack a few pieces of dark chocolate with a tiny bit of peanut butter. (i could eat that all day!)

Lunch was zucchini sliced thin to make "noodles" that I topped with grilled chicken and spaghetti sauce.

Then dd got me 2 Arby sliders.. Ugh... I ate one and took the bread off the other and just ate the meat.

Then for dinner Ds made chicken quesadilias with cheese so i had one but squished a lot of the filling out, lol!

I did have a small slice of cake with my coffee a little while ago. But it was the last piece and it was calling me by name.... :blush:

Which things are NOT on the THM plan? Lunch actually sounds really good to me. :) I didn't eat dinner tonight and it's too late now. I need to think about lunch tomorrow! And dinner, so mom has a clue what to make. She "threw together" a soup tonight after i planned and shopped for a hundred meals. sigh I'm pretty sure she used my broccoli. She's getting more forgetful - or she's had some very forgetful days this week. I have those times, too, so i'm not writing her off as "forgetful" yet. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:59 pm 

Your mom "could" be getting forgetful, or she could be just trying to help. My dd uses my food.. Sigh... But she is cooking "for me" so to her she's helping... Even when I state this food is mine. :/

As for Thm.. The cake was off plan (sugar and white flour) .. And the Slider had white bread. The quesadilia was a lot of cheese and the wrap was made of white flour. (high fat - high carbs).

I really like the zuchini "noodles" with sauce. I can change up the meat or leave it out.
The other day, my son had pizza, so i took the toppings off of 2 slices and put it on a low carb tortilla wrap. It was really good. I had raw broccoli as a side.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 am 

I guess, for simplicity and budget sake, i should just eat less of what's served. sigh Our son and dil came down this weekend and bro't food to cook! That was new and fun. Dh cooked the roast on the grill while dil made an artichoke mix for toasted bread and a potato dish. i had a few potatoes and a small piece of meat and nearly all of the artichoke stuff! Today i feel FAT. sigh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am 

I am trying to just eat much smaller portions of what I fix for everyone. I'm cooking for two slim eating machines with ridiculous metabolisms that can eat anything and as much as they want and still can't manage to put weight on. It all goes on me! I try to keep the THM basics in mind when I'm fixing my plate and not eat high fat and high carb together but it doesn't always work because that's exactly what these men want. They will eat some of the THM recipes but they want their regulars. It's too much trouble to cook two different meals and nobody else here will cook.

It is so hard trying to diet in my house with these two constantly eating anything and everything and even when we do go out it seems like dh orders something he knows I would love to have but that is so fattening I won't eat it. But I have to sit and watch him moan in joy and savor the whole thing. It is frustrating!! I try to let them get a head start on me with dinner, they've never waited for me to get to the table anyway, and that way I can eat my smaller portion after they have already scarfed down half their plate. Or sometimes I just go sit and watch the news or something so I don't have to watch them eating. My dh is a loud eater/chewer anyway so if it's anything remotely crunchy the other room is an especially good option. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:35 am 

coastal Carol wrote:
I am trying to just eat much smaller portions of what I fix for everyone. I'm cooking for two slim eating machines with ridiculous metabolisms that can eat anything and as much as they want and still can't manage to put weight on. It all goes on me! I try to keep the THM basics in mind when I'm fixing my plate and not eat high fat and high carb together but it doesn't always work because that's exactly what these men want. They will eat some of the THM recipes but they want their regulars. It's too much trouble to cook two different meals and nobody else here will cook.

It is so hard trying to diet in my house with these two constantly eating anything and everything and even when we do go out it seems like dh orders something he knows I would love to have but that is so fattening I won't eat it. But I have to sit and watch him moan in joy and savor the whole thing. It is frustrating!! I try to let them get a head start on me with dinner, they've never waited for me to get to the table anyway, and that way I can eat my smaller portion after they have already scarfed down half their plate. Or sometimes I just go sit and watch the news or something so I don't have to watch them eating. My dh is a loud eater/chewer anyway so if it's anything remotely crunchy the other room is an especially good option. :lol:

Don't we have weird food dilemmas?! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm 

Yes we do! :) My dh is also terrible about clinking and dragging his eating utensils across his teeth every.single.bite. and it drives me NUTS! I think I'll start setting the table with plastic utensils :lol: I don't tell him this, but I feel sorry for the people that are near him at work... He snacks a lot and chews gum when he's not eating so I know they hear unrelenting crunching and chomping. He chews really hard, like an alligator chomping, even if it is just a banana! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm 

Don't give that man potato chips!
:lol: