It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: New goal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm 

Yep. The material that my skirt is made of is so soft, yet not thin. Its hard to describe but its so nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm 

Tory wrote:
I just ordered a catalog from Blair. I like their clothes. My mom got me a skirt from them for Christmas 2 years ago. I still havent found a shirt to match it. :(

She also got me a jacket but its too big and it doesnt match the skirt, lol! But i like the quality of the material.

Oh my goal pants... I tried them on again last night... I can get them zipped almost all the way. The thing is: if my belly weren't poking out I'd be able to wear them! But oh how to get rid of the belly?

They say "overall weight loss" is key, which is part of it, of course. But tightening that "pelvic floor" is probably part of it, too. I'm working on finding an answer to that myself. Here's one that looks promising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWrWy6m6Iks

Planks are supposed to help, too. ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:28 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
I like Blair, too!

When I find their stuff at the thrift store - even tho it has been presumably washed and worn repeatedly, it usually looks new - a sign of good quality material & construction : )

That's great to know! I think i may just have to order it. I love the gray one, too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 am 

I just cannot seem to get past a certain point. I want to be in the 150's when I go see my doctor in two weeks. I am hoping she is going to take me off pills , I cannot remember to take them anyway, no matter where I put them or where I put them.
They never can get my bp down. I took it last night and it runs 140 to 165.
I am doing a lot more veggies and grains, and wheat grass. and of course water.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am 

LindaS wrote:
I just cannot seem to get past a certain point. I want to be in the 150's when I go see my doctor in two weeks. I am hoping she is going to take me off pills , I cannot remember to take them anyway, no matter where I put them or where I put them.
They never can get my bp down. I took it last night and it runs 140 to 165.
I am doing a lot more veggies and grains, and wheat grass. and of course water.

I haven't read up on the way you are eating but i think there come times where the body says "WAIT! STOP!" and tries to hold on to what it has. Especially if you aren't getting a lot of calories. ?? For ME, one meal with lots of calories re-booted my weight loss - or it was a nice coincidence. ;) I suppose you already drink plenty of water? Hang in there, Linda, it HAS to come off if you continue, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:09 pm 

Ceyenne pepper is a natural bp lowering spice. It doesnt take a lot, but you can try adding a little bit to your food. When mine got bad, i would add ceyenne to a boiled or baked potato, or to soup. It did work!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 pm 

Sis wrote:

I haven't read up on the way you are eating but i think there come times where the body says "WAIT! STOP!" and tries to hold on to what it has. Especially if you aren't getting a lot of calories. ?? For ME, one meal with lots of calories re-booted my weight loss - or it was a nice coincidence. ;) I suppose you already drink plenty of water? Hang in there, Linda, it HAS to come off if you continue, right?

You are right! (in Thm this would be an S meal. Lots of healthy fats.)

The body gets used to a certian way of us eating, so we have to shake it up and confuse it. Once it gets used to our food intake, it says... Oh I'll be fed this at this time. It becomes content. Eating different foods confuses the metabolism and keeps it from getting stuck in a rut.