It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: So far so good, ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:49 pm 

with the usual blip. ;)

Mom told me about another "version" of vegan so i tweaked my vegan diet towards the "one ingredient" version. Simply, you only use ingredients that have one (occasionally two) ingredients - like a carrot, an apple, a cup of cornmeal, 3 zucchini. Nothing processed. I've also slowed down on my coffee intake because of the added junk i put in it.

The recipes i've used for the last 3 days were more intensive than i like, generally. This morning i was dreading yet another new recipe. I checked my menu plan and was happy to discover that it was granola and leftovers today! I'm smarter than even *I* am! :mrgreen: And the leftovers were better than the first time around.

I've been slacking a little in the walking department. It's hard for me to get in there and walk when dh is hanging around and my treadmill had a few days off because of flooding in that room. I know the fitbit doesn't track all my stairs walked and it's not perfect with walking either but a rough estimate is all i really need to encourage me to keep on.

I did add a few easy exercises that i sneak in when dh lets the dog out or runs to the store. I'm ready for fishing season! LOL Then he'll take off for a day at a time. Mom has also been taking more of my time. She's enjoying my company too much. :?

My clothes are noticeably more comfy today and i am down my original 5#. I had gone back up 2# but was back down this morning.

Post subject: Re: So far so good, ...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 am 

You're doing good. I'm still in the business of losing the same 65 pounds over and over. lol

Post subject: Re: So far so good, ...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:01 pm 

Boy can I relate, Jenileigh!

Mark Twain was quoted as saying "To quit smoking is easy! I've done it hundreds of times!"

I could say the same thing about losing weight!