It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Walking and blood pressure.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:50 am 

My mom has a really simple blood pressure thingy and we like to check it regularly. Mine was a bit high when i first took it but after hitting the 5000 mark for steps twice this week it was down quite a bit! There's nothing else i've done differently that i can think of. Nice! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Walking and blood pressure.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:36 pm 

Wonderful! Congratulations! : )

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:21 pm 

This is sooo great! Is the fit bit working out for you? Do you like it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 pm 

Tory wrote:
This is sooo great! Is the fit bit working out for you? Do you like it?

I'm still enjoying it. I like that i can set a goal of 5000 steps for myself and it gives me kudos when i reach it. :) I wouldn't rely on it to be terribly accurate but if it's close enuf and gets me to walk more, what more do i want?

Unfortunately our company is still hanging out because of the weather and, also because of the weather, i haven't gone shopping! :? So, i'm trying to make do with what veggies are left. Mom keeps "cleaning out the frig" and using up ALL the veggies in things. Dd went to town anyway and she said it's pretty good once you get out of town. I might try it tomorrow.

Today i had lemon water, then oatmeal with just a small bit of earth balance in it for breakfast. When everybody else was eating the quiche mom made, *I* had black beans with onions and garlic with a cup of mango peach V8. I did 15 min on the treadmill, and they were a hard 15 min for some reason, and then i made a veggie broth and cooked the rest of the onion, some brussels and edamame. There was tons of broth and filled me up half way thru so i bro't a cup of cranberry water downstairs and i think i might be done for the day - with food and with people. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:08 pm 

Those are two things that I have really been wanting to do. Get a fit bit, and walk more. I pulled something in my back at a job a couple of summers ago and I'm telling you when it flairs up I can barely stand. I've gained a ton of weight this past year. I've got to start doing something. I'm just miserable.