It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Non-food rewards.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:55 am 

I'm compiling a list of non-food rewards. So far i have:

buy a book, get my ear re-pierced, put a cute sticker on the calendar, buy or see a movie, buy a lottery ticket, a new bra, new pants, nail polish, hair color, flowers, sign up for Bloomsday, massage, pedi, massage, hair done, spend the day "doing" a local town.

What can you think of?

Post subject: Re: Non-food rewards.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:57 am 

If you like crafting... New yarn, material, or paint.. Etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:53 pm 

For you or for your DGC?

Your rewards sound pretty huge (massage? There goes $60.)- seems to me that smaller rewards for small accomplishments (like the sticker on the calendar) are more effective.

The effectiveness of an award depends heavily on personality. DD is very motivated by videos, video games, or having someone play a board game with her. *I* on the other hand, find that stuff incredibly un-interesting, and I'm pretty hard to motivate with rewards of any sort. I like coffee a lot, but I already drink it every time I want it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:27 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
For you or for your DGC?

Your rewards sound pretty huge (massage? There goes $60.)- seems to me that smaller rewards for small accomplishments (like the sticker on the calendar) are more effective.

The effectiveness of an award depends heavily on personality. DD is very motivated by videos, video games, or having someone play a board game with her. *I* on the other hand, find that stuff incredibly un-interesting, and I'm pretty hard to motivate with rewards of any sort. I like coffee a lot, but I already drink it every time I want it!

The bigger rewards would be for big milestones (and shorter massages are less $!). :D This is for ME. I HAVE to lose weight. Tory was so precious to say i looked fine in the pic on fb but :o - it's just not true! She must wear the same colored glasses my bff does. ;) Coffee would be a FOOD reward - not appropriate and it would be an iced mocha for me, NOT something i drink all the time. You're right that most of the "rewards" are things i'd just buy for myself when i want them! Except the bigger things like the massage! So, i think i can work towards the bigger rewards... maybe. Ugh, i'm too brain dead right now to even think about it! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:36 pm 

Coffee = food?

How do you figure?:geek:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:00 pm 

You could put something on your amazon wish list that you want, and everytime you meet a little goal (perhaps sticking to your plan for one day) give yourself a sticker representing $1 toward that purchase - then when you have enuf stickers, you get to buy your wish list item.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:45 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Coffee = food?

How do you figure?:geek:

Well, MY coffee is definitely a food! :lol: Honey and 1/2 and 1/2. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:46 pm 

Thanks for all the good ideas! :) Now to earn them!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:57 pm 

I need motivators. When I loss 20lbs one year I bought a motivator. It was an expensive pair of white jeans with gold buttons several sizes too small. Since I had splurged, I didn't want to waste the money. I would try it on now and then and that was a good motivator not to over eat.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:42 pm 

Briva wrote:
I need motivators. When I loss 20lbs one year I bought a motivator. It was an expensive pair of white jeans with gold buttons several sizes too small. Since I had splurged, I didn't want to waste the money. I would try it on now and then and that was a good motivator not to over eat.

I'm weird; that doesn't seem to work for me. Neither does joining a class that requires $. Those are big motivators for many people but not me. HOWEVER!...
My co-worker had a pic taken of her and i on "ugly sweater day" and i printed out 3 to put over my treadmill, in my room and on the fridge! I'm hoping THAT will motivate me! :shock: