It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I'm ready to get moving and feel better again....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 pm 

I am so upset with myself this pregnancy! Let me explain that 2 babies ago I ended up gaining alot of weight and having pubic, pelvis and hip pain so bad I ended up in physical therapy every other day! The lady would help get it feeling better and it would last a day and then get bad again. I couldn't roll over or get out of bed without it clicking and popping with pain. I could barely walk! It took 4-6 weeks for it to get better after birth.
Last pregnancy, I was told not to gain more than 20lbs total during pregnancy. I walked alot and stayed down somewhat and had hardly any pain and when it did start, I was only a few weeks from birth.
Well, this pregnancy I have gained ALOT already! I'm not even sure how much, but I think about 28 lbs! I am only 20 weeks pregnant! I am already feeling the pain and can barely roll over without the popping.
So, I asked my ob today if I could start working out and walking. He said YES!! So, I refuse to continue to gain weight. I will push myself to walk and sit on my ball and use my mini weights. I will also do pelvis workouts and try to strengthen my pelvis muscles.
I will also try to avoid sweets. I already can't stand soda very much anymore!

Post subject: Re: I'm ready to get moving and feel better again....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 pm 

Sorry you are going through all this. I'm proud of you for being proactive and getting the go ahead to do some workouts. Keep us posted on how things are going. Praying for your good health and weight management. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:04 pm 

Glad you can start working out again. Can you do any stretches that will help loosen things up and minimize/elliminate the pain?

Praying for you, Shavawn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:49 pm 

I recommend starting out walking. Go every day if at all possible, even if you only go for 5 minutes at a time at first. Gradually walk a little faster, so you are not taking a stroll, but a power walk. Start slow, then build up over days to keep your hips from hurting.
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise.