It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Fitbit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:12 pm 

When i was in Walmart this fitbit thing just "hopped" into my cart! ;) Now i'm trying to set it up.

This is my plan: Wear it for the next week or two, learn about it, see where i'm at. Add 100 steps to my days starting no later than Dec 6 after a weigh in, measuring session and blood pressure check. Continue adding steps in intervals and POSSIBLY sign up for the Bloomsday marathon in Spokane May 7. ???

Post subject: Re: Fitbit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 pm 

Walking marathon? Running? I can walk but I do not jog or run. What does the Fitbit do, just count steps?

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:48 pm 

Most marathons have a time limit. Twenty six miles is a long way too. Maybe try a shorter race?

I have no doubt that you can do a marathon, but do doubt a May race would give you proper time to train for such a distance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:51 pm 

Open to all runners, walkers, wheelchairs, assisted wheelchairs and strollers. It's a 12k and they give you 4.5 hours. It's called the Lilac Bloomsday Run.

You get a t-shirt if you finish within the time limit. And it's purple! :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:56 pm 

That's roughly 8 miles I think. You could so do that! Then send me the shirt. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:09 am 

Tory wrote:
That's roughly 8 miles I think. You could so do that! Then send me the shirt. :lol:

Yeah, it's 7. something miles. But NO WAY am i sending you the shirt! It's purple! I have to admit, i looked up the shirt before i even gave any weight to the idea (no pun intended). :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:16 am 

;) I know! That's why I want it hahaha!

Seriously though... There have been races that I've done only because I liked how the metal looked! So I completely understand that!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 am 

My fitbit asked me a lot of personal question, like how much i WEIGH! And how tall i am and my bday..... but as i went thru it i realized why.

Anyways,.... it wants to know how long i want to sleep, how much water i want to drink, if i want to "walk NY" and all kinds of fun things. :) I have to put what i eat into my ipad but my fitbit will keep track of my activity (steps and any more strenuous activity that lasts over 15 min).

It will "wake me up" if i wake up to the little vibration thing.

I tho't it was fun when i went upstairs and came back down to find that it gave me credit for going up 1 story. :)

It also says funny things which i can't remember yet but something like "wanna go for a walk?"

Dh is also on a kick. He wants salads for dinner. That means the "main meal" is at lunch and i'll be working everyday this week. Hmmmmm. AND he wants lemon water instead of anything else to drink - for meals, i think?

It's not a normal time to start something like this. I'll be working this week and, altho' it's a bank job, it's 8:15 to 4:30. LOL

I have my lunches planned out, what to wear, and mom will do the salads for dinners, i think. Breakfasts are iffy.

My first goals are to drink 32 oz water, get 20 min of "activity", and get 7 hours of sleep. I told it my weight loss goal is 20 lb by mid-february. I guess i'm supposed to input what i eat but i haven't found that yet!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:30 am 

It sounds really cool! Is it affordable? I may put this on my Christmas list.

:)

I found a lady online that wants to do a local Half marathon with me in March. It will be her first one and I know how much it meant to me when Neesa came here to do my first Half with me... Soooo
I guess there is another loong race in my near future and I really need to get on the bandwagon again. I haven't ran in a long while. E Eeek!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:57 am 

Tory wrote:
It sounds really cool! Is it affordable? I may put this on my Christmas list.

:)

I found a lady online that wants to do a local Half marathon with me in March. It will be her first one and I know how much it meant to me when Neesa came here to do my first Half with me... Soooo
I guess there is another loong race in my near future and I really need to get on the bandwagon again. I haven't ran in a long while. E Eeek!

Affordable? Uhm.... I think it was $130? Normally i would say NO! It was just at the right time for us. Dh was going to pick up something and this fitbit was more practical and about the same price so we picked it up.

However, there is a running app on it. I'm not that far yet so i don't know how well it would work. hehehe Well, i havevn't used it at ALL except for a few hours!