It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: Fitbit
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:11 am 

Hmm.. Not too pricey compared to those running watches. But out of my price range right now. There is a free app you can download onto a smart phone run keeper its called. I've never used it because this phone is too bulky to take along.

My old flip phone fit into my pocket easily.
Let me know how you like the fit bit in a few days or so. You have me curious!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm 

The one thing i don't like about the fitbit is you have to sync it to a phone/ipad/computer. You do your settings on the larger device but the "watch" does do the recording of steps and time running and heart rate and flights of stairs climbed, etc. Most of that info IS available on the watch but the details are on my ipad. Not really a problem, tho', right? I'm still learning about it and i did just find the "stairs" thing on the watch. :) I'm sure it hasn't tracked all the times i've gone upstairs today cuz it says 2 and i know it's been at LEAST 3. hmmm

It says i got 6.5 hours of sleep last night. :)

I have a notification setting to "remind" me that i haven't made 250 steps in the last hour which keeps you on target. I don't know how it notifies me yet.

I do like the alarms i can set. So far i only have alarms set for going to bed and waking up. You have to change or set them on the phone/ipad/puter.

Oh, did i mention tracking food and water? You have to do that on the p/i/p. I put in what i planned to have for breakfast. It gives me a pie chart, i think, of how many calories i have left to eat to lose my target weight loss. Too bad it can't just "read" what i put in my mouth! LOL Maybe that will be in the upgrade. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm 

Sis wrote:

It also says funny things which i can't remember yet but something like "wanna go for a walk?"

That's not funny. Sounds like it would be a nuisance for me and I would just leave it in a drawer ;) I could do that marathon within the time limits. I walk a 20 min mile. 2 miles takes me 45 min because I pass by the donut shop :roll:

In highschool I walked two March of Dimes walkathons. The first I did in just over 9 hours. The second in 5. They claimed it was 20 miles.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:18 pm 

Briva wrote:
Sis wrote:

It also says funny things which i can't remember yet but something like "wanna go for a walk?"

That's not funny. Sounds like it would be a nuisance for me and I would just leave it in a drawer ;) I could do that marathon within the time limits. I walk a 20 min mile. 2 miles takes me 45 min because I pass by the donut shop :roll:

In highschool I walked two March of Dimes walkathons. The first I did in just over 9 hours. The second in 5. They claimed it was 20 miles.

Well, it doesn't actually TALK. There's this short tiny little vibration. I push a button or move my arm to turn on the "screen" and scrolling across it are the words like "ready to move?".

I walk a 20 min mile, too, but i DON'T walk 2 miles! LOL

Uhm... how long ago was high school? ;) It's been 43 years for me! Even if i had been a star athlete in high school it wouldn't do me much good now. :? And i was no kind of athlete in high school.