It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Trying again.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:57 pm 

Day One
Day Two - down 2 lb :D

Tomorrow, Oct 18, i am starting again.

Goal: -50 Immediate goal: -10

I hope to lose 10 lb by Thanksgiving. (5 weeks)

More importantly, i hope to establish new habits including regular exercise and tracking my eating.

I plan to walk for 20 minutes between 6:30 and 8:00 am 5x this week, plus do at least one Callanetic exercise each day.
check - not during that time frame, tho'
Walk included looking for bird that got outside and shopping at 4 different stores!

I will begin to establish the habit of mindful eating by writing down every BLT (bite, lick and taste) of food throughout the day!
Check - did well til dinner. Mom made a lovely cabbage strudel! YUM!
Check

I will incorporate at least one of the following in my bedroom to try to improve sleep: lavender, aloe vera, snake plant, or white jasmine.
Check - picked up an aloe vera plant today.

I will aim to eliminate Pepsi and reduce the junk i put in my coffee. ;)
Check!
So far so good - check

I will remind myself daily of good reasons to lose weight including health, fitting in clothes, climbing stairs, pressure off joints, playing frisbee golf, not being "the fat one", not being embarrassed to meet friends and family i haven't seen in a while, buying smaller sizes, being more comfortable in my body, ...
Check
Check

Anything else?

Last edited by Sis on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Trying again.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 pm 

That is a lot.
I am at a stand still for two weeks.
Am adding more veggies and cutting out all so called protein bars, they have too much of not the good stuff.,
I am going by the way my clothes fit. not what the scale says.
Doctors need to get their acts together , not everyone is going to weigh 110 lbs.as long as I eat what I should I feel better than I did a month ago, I am fine.
When I go back to the doctor in January she and I are going to have a long talk.
My goal is to be completely off of drugs. Doctors do not want that.

you can do it.
MY problems is remembering what to do and if I ate. my memory is getting bad again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:21 pm 

LindaS wrote:
That is a lot.
I am at a stand still for two weeks.
Am adding more veggies and cutting out all so called protein bars, they have too much of not the good stuff.,
I am going by the way my clothes fit. not what the scale says.
Doctors need to get their acts together , not everyone is going to weigh 110 lbs.as long as I eat what I should I feel better than I did a month ago, I am fine.
When I go back to the doctor in January she and I are going to have a long talk.

you can do it.
MY problems is remembering what to do and if I ate. my memory is getting bad again.

I think my biggest problem is the habit of eating mindlessly. I am going to try wearing a small tablet around my neck so I can jot down every morsel or sip i stick in my mouth. Like you, i can't remember what i've eaten. This morning dh set breakfast in front of me. It was a breakfast burrito. I opened it and put the insides into a measuring cup! It was a perfect 1/2 c of food. :) I took one bite with the tortilla and decided it did not *add* enuf flavor to support the calories and carbs so i just ate the 1/2 cup of egg, onion, sausage and cheese. And i drank my coffee black. :roll: I should've just had water.

We ate earlier than we have been. I don't know if that's going to be normal now, or not. Maybe these smaller meals will work for me if they don't add up to what the regular meals were.

It's all hit and miss at this point but tracking my food will tell me a lot, i hope! I don't want to NEED drugs so i need to get my blood pressure back under control as well as getting the weight off.

I'm the heaviest i've ever been right now and too close to that 200 mark for comfort!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm 

LindaS wrote:

See if you can find this at your library, Dr. Leo Galland's Four Pillars of Healing. He's an unconventional doc that actually cured people instead of feeding them a perpetual diet of pills.

https://www.amazon.com/Four-Pillars-Hea ... +of+health

Just checked, he has a new book out,
http://drgalland.com

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:41 am 

Briva I found that book on amazon very cheap. a good used one, I try not to buy new books unless I cannot find it used. thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:42 am 

My problem is I crave sweets, you would think after all these years of not eating real sugar stuff that I would not have this problem.
Last night I wanted something sweet but I got some whole wheat crackers instead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:45 pm 

LindaS wrote:
My problem is I crave sweets, you would think after all these years of not eating real sugar stuff that I would not have this problem.
Last night I wanted something sweet but I got some whole wheat crackers instead.

Does fruit satisfy the sweet craving for you? Or maybe a 1/2 cup of ice cream or 2 cookies? Or is it a trigger for you and you eat a lot?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:05 am 

I have my blood sugar under control. fruit makes it go up and I do not eat a lot of sweets.
I have eaten glucerna bars but they are horrible tasting.
So I guess it is a way of not having the foods I am not suppose to.
I would love if someone would make yogurt without sugar. They all have it.
Instead I have been eating starches. That seems to help some

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:53 am 

LindaS wrote:
I have my blood sugar under control. fruit makes it go up and I do not eat a lot of sweets.

Yogurt *must* have sugar because cow's milk has naturally occurring milk sugar - about 1 Tablespoon per cup. but you CAN get yogurt without *added* sugars - like Dannon Plain Yogurt. The list of ingredients might give better info perhaps than the nutritional info chart on the package.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:50 pm 

LindaS wrote:

How strange that starches are helping! Altho' i guess just a few months ago i was majorly amazed that dh was eating starches and it wasn't killing his blood sugar. NOW the way he's eating, potatoes especially raise his blood sugar. :roll: Go figure.