It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Healthy carnivore vs vegan.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:48 pm 

Since the discussion has turned to healthy eating I tho't I'd bring it to the appropriate board.

>>> Skimmed through the first section of the book. I like where Dr. Esselstyn is coming from. The way I see it the problem didn't come from eating meat or fat but rather generations of pollution in a million different ways. For people who are actually healthy (which could be nonexistent now) meat and fat should be fine.
<<< That may well be true. :mrgreen:

>>> I don't think going vegetarian is healthy mostly for people who are very physically active because meat (I think) is required to get enough protein and well rounded nutrients. Besides, animals eat animals, so why shouldn't Humans?
<<< I didn't say we "shouldn't". I said I don't think it is the ideal way to eat. I think it is acceptable to eat animals. I do hate how they are treated, tho'. :( Protein is a matter of much debate. Who says how much we should have and what type to eat? Dr Esselstyn's son, Rip, is a fireman and has a kind of "movement" educating people about eating vegan and being active. You can check out his website. And then there's Forks Over Knives, a movie about it. There's plenty of info (either way). We just have to figure out which we want to go with.

>>> I did not realize before that vegan meant no animal products of any kind, therefor my "vegetarian" reference was misplaced.
<<< Consider it your vocabulary word for the day. ;)

>>> I also believe in the Bible. However, what people "think" related to it, doesn't hold much weight for me. Hope that didn't come off wrong.
<<< Don't know what you mean. ??

>>> Homogenized means emulsifiers and they are nothing but trouble! And I get your point about milk, but I don't see it causing any harm to drink it as an adult.
<<< It may. It may not. There's "proof" both ways. :ugeek:

>>> it's more practical to trap a bee hanging out at the window and let him outside because then you don't have to wipe off his remains.

>>> I have skinned a pigeon and cooked it, but hated the entire process. My Dad had me do it when I was like nine. Don't think he knew how disgusted I was by the ordeal. Anyway, I just don't think about that part of the process while I am eating tasty meat. : )
<<< :shock: ugh

>>>Yeah, onions are fantastic! One of the most helpful ingredients in the kitchen. Wonder why not more people grow them locally.
<<< BIG AGREE HERE! I am fortunate to live near Walla Walla and have access to those. I just learned I'm not a big Vidalia lover. Plain yellow onions, red onions, green onions, Wallas, yep.

Excellent that you can have this discussion and not be combative. :D

Post subject: Re: Healthy carnivore vs vegan.
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:23 am 

Frankly I don't concern myself with what people think about the Bible but rather the understanding I get from reading it myself, unless it was someone I really trusted like my Dad or Pastor. Hope you understand.

Always a good place to stand. ;)

I'm talking about Gen 1:29 where it says: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.