It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Preparation marathon morning.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:04 pm 

I feel like I've been cooking for Thanksgiving or something!

I needed to get some things prepped so I'm more likely to eat right and waste less.

I made this carrot hummus: https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recip ... mus/13419/ and cut up zucchini, bell pepper and cucumber for it.

I cooked up lentils and brown rice for Chloe's veggie burgers and to go with other stuff as sides.

I made a batch of cucumber water that includes mint, tangerine, lemon, and ginger. It's a lot better than plain water and I needed to use up some of that stuff. Mint leaves go bad fast! I need to freeze a few in ice cubes so they'll last longer.

I made potato salad with evoo and acv with plenty of fresh dill and green onions.

For lunch I made a coffee smoothie with almond milk, banana and whey powder. It was ok but nothing that makes me go wow!

I need to make a "tomato loaf" for lunch tomorrow and see if there's anything I can prep ahead as we're asking company over. I'm hoping the tomato loaf will go with the potato basil soup.

Tonight we're having burgers (veggie for me and beef for the others) with potato salad or tater tots. I don't want a bun but will probably pile on the veggies - tomato, onion, mushroom, spinach.

Nugget, my lovebird, has had a feast on scraps today!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Preparation marathon morning.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 pm 

You really scared me at first - I thought you were prepping for a marathon :shock:

Then, I realized you were just cooking :D

Post subject: Re: Preparation marathon morning.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:21 pm 

LOL We do have a big 12k run in Spokane I've tho't about trying sometime but that's a rather elusive dream. I could've written the phrase "Don't run with scissors" and stopped half way.