It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Not quite vegan.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:33 am 

I am pretty happy with where I'm at as far as eating goes. Dh has swung back the other way and is eating meat with abandon but I am not following suit. I have avoided the eggs and meats so far but I will eat them on occasion.

My mindset seems to be different. I am down nearly 9 lb and I want to keep going! I’m also leaning towards wanting to be vegan with splurges, for now. Like our clam chowder date.

I’m also kind of excited to be able to try some vegan dishes that I wouldn’t have made because I knew dh wouldn’t eat them. I know I like Chloe's “hamburger” patties so I will make a batch of those and freeze them for when dh has burgers or other meat for the main course. But, I may make exceptions for corned beef on St Patrick’s day or when eating at friend’s. I’m trying to be very conscientious about how often I cheat and for what reasons.

I’m also trying to SIMPLIFY the process by not having so many menu items to choose from and that is extremely difficult for me!!!!!

As I was looking at the things to do in D.C. I realized that I will DIE if I don’t start moving NOW. Just going to the zoo or walking around to see the monuments or playing with that 3yo grandson I get to see… will be difficult.

I started a list of WHY I want to lose weight and plan to read it daily.

Post subject: Re: Not quite vegan.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:07 am 

Nine pounds is GREAT! Congratulations! : )

Post subject: Re: Not quite vegan.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 pm 

We are 'mostly' vegan. We have our feast days, but know we can't eat like that everyday. I eat a cheeseburger once a year. But it has too be an awesome cheeseburger. We buy grassfed beef or get it at a local burger place that buys locally butchered beef. We have turkey for Thanksgiving, roast beef for Easter, roast pork for Christmas.

Don't feel deprived.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26