It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Vegan Girl Scout cookies?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:55 pm 

I just wanted to know. ;-) Here's what I found:
Since it’s Girl Scout cookie season, my friend (and lifelong Girl Scout) Beverly got in touch with one of the two commercial bakeries that supplies the Scouts and forwarded me their correspondence. Turns out that Thanks-A-Lot and Thin Mints are both vegan *if* they’re sold by a Scout who does not also sell Tagalong cookies. Each Girl Scout council chooses one of two commercial bakeries, and the bakery that makes Tagalongs (Little Brownie) puts whey into their Thin Mints, while the other bakery (ABC Bakers) does not.

Ours sell Tagalongs.

Talking about Girl Scout cookies makes me think of the accident in which my dh broke his neck. It was the day before Juliette Lowe's birthday (founder of G.S.). I know cuz I was a good Girl Scout leader once upon a time! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Vegan Girl Scout cookies?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:28 pm 

I don't buy GS cookies since the organization went so corrupt. Don't want a little "P1anned Par*enth00d" with my cookies!

I was a Girl Scout, once upon a time - and enjoyed the organization. It's really too bad they ruined it with their radical feminist junk : (

Not to mention, they're just not as good as other cookies - like homemade. And, they nearly always sell them during Lent!

However, Vegweb has lots of GS copycat recipes, if you're interested. They're a win-win - all of the taste, none of the "P1anned Par*enth00d" : )

http://www.vegweb.com/recipes/girl-skout-thin-mintz