It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:06 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: I feel good. :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:14 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
I'm so honored that you like my recipes, Lisa! : )

Of course! I love that your recipes are budget friendly and simple to make. I'm going to try your sushi recipe next. I've been eyeing the vegan sushi at the store for awhile now, but can never justify the cost.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:30 pm 

I'm so happy to hear that, Lisa : )

It really makes me happy to know that people use & like my blog!

The Sushi is much easier that I thought it would be before I tried it - hope you enjoy it! : )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 am 

My husband loved my vegan fajitas. I use peppers and onions and sub the meat for carrot sticks, use the same seasonings. Once it's topped with pico de Gallo, guacamole you don't miss the meat. Our veggie meals usually have a yellow rice-veggie mix, beans and a salad. I change up the veggie and the beans. We love soups, too.

Secret ingredient for split pea or other bean soup is adding a sprinkle of smoked paprika. It will taste like there is a ham bone in there. It's pricey, but you just use a sprinkle or two. I fooled my dad with that. He lived smoked ham bones.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:13 pm 

That smoked paprika is a GREAT hint, Briva : )

I found a large container of it at a very reasonable price, so I have it on hand to use : )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:47 pm 

Yep, smoked paprika is great! I need to use it in more things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:25 pm 

Briva wrote:
My husband loved my vegan fajitas. I use peppers and onions and sub the meat for carrot sticks, use the same seasonings. Once it's topped with pico de Gallo, guacamole you don't miss the meat. Our veggie meals usually have a yellow rice-veggie mix, beans and a salad. I change up the veggie and the beans. We love soups, too.

Secret ingredient for split pea or other bean soup is adding a sprinkle of smoked paprika. It will taste like there is a ham bone in there. It's pricey, but you just use a sprinkle or two. I fooled my dad with that. He lived smoked ham bones.

I think portobellas would be good in place of the meat, too. Dh only tolerates so many carrots. hehe I mostly blend them into soups and sauces so he doesn't realize he's eating them. Fajitas sound good and I get to eat guac! I do miss sour cream.

The dish I made for potluck was too spicy and I really wished for sour cream. sigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 pm 

My dh HATES mushrooms. Spanish for mushrooms means fungus. He cant get past that. I LOVE mushrooms.

He does take me out to eat at a place that uses portobellos and onions on a hamburger bun, my veggie burger splurge.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:18 pm 

Briva wrote:
My dh HATES mushrooms. Spanish for mushrooms means fungus. He cant get past that. I LOVE mushrooms.

He does take me out to eat at a place that uses portobellos and onions on a hamburger bun, my veggie burger splurge.

My dh is the exact same way! He hates mushrooms and says "I don't eat fungus". I LOVE mushrooms and put them on everything I can.