It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I feel as excited/nervous as if...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 pm 

I were hosting a week long extravaganza of vegan foods for 50 people instead of just dh and I!

Did shopping today to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Never know when it will change and i won't be able to get to town. Driving thru fields of diamond dust with brilliant blue skies as blindingly white clouds was a good catharsis for me. :)

I'm going to make my own "ticker" tonight or tomorrow so i can physically move it and see it more than when i'm on the net. I'm thinking of hanging little "gifts" along it for my short-term rewards and i will instruct dh to buy me flowers in Feb if I stayed on track all of Jan. :)

I think i will start by taking a picture of myself in the same outfit and in the same spot each day, or at least once a week. This one shows how weight moves around as it's melting off your body:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013 ... oes-viral/

IDEALLY I could lose 70 lb. Realistically, I'd be happy to fit in the clothes i wore 40 lb ago. I don't want to sabotage myself with unrealistic expectations. I'm considering making a "tiered" ticker with the first 5 lb "climbing out of the basement", the next 35 climbing the first set of stairs and then having a lofty level above that. ???

Post subject: Re: I feel as excited/nervous as if...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:52 am 

Relax. ((Hugs))

Maintaining any healthy, long term diet is a marathon, not a sprint - if you start out sprinting, you're less likely to make it to the end of the race. One meal at a time . . . .

Post subject: Re: I feel as excited/nervous as if...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:38 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Relax. ((Hugs))

Maintaining any healthy, long term diet is a marathon, not a sprint - if you start out sprinting, you're less likely to make it to the end of the race. One meal at a time . . . .

Thank you for that reminder. BUT... :lol: Getting thru the weekend is my challenge of the moment. I'm making bread and granola today for sure. I have one batch of granola in the oven now. The bread I'm making sounds complicated but I want to use all the recipes I can out of this one book this week. I have some bread to fall back on and much simpler bread recipes if this one fails.

I feel like once i get these basics made i'll have a cushion to fall back on. I imagine i'll end up using a simpler bread recipe unless this one is spectacular. ;-) If it's that good i'll probably play with it, like not baking it all at once but freezing or refrigerating some of the dough.

I think my anxiousness is because i am using almost all new recipes. As i continue it will be familiar and easier.

I will relax. I'm actually having fun so far. The new granola recipe is good - i licked the spoon. hehehe Seems sweeter than my regular recipe. I changed out the oil it called for and used unfiltered apple juice in its place.

I'm going to make as much ahead as i can for the weekend. Sunday i'll see what to make ahead for monday and then i'll just continue on that way, seeing what the next day will bring. If we get busy i may look 2 days ahead. I plan on using leftovers by freezing them or packing them for run around days.