It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:08 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Biggest Loser
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:03 pm 

I'm interested in seeing how they've changed the Biggest Loser. It comes on again Jan 4 but Allison won't be there. Bob's in charge?! He doesn't have the personality to be host, imo. I imagine they've revamped the whole show. Now I have to figure out how to watch it. :geek:

Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:21 pm 

I stopped watching a couple seasons ago. I HATE when they change things. When that happens, I'm gone. I liked the original coaches and way they did things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:31 pm 

LisaTX wrote:
I stopped watching a couple seasons ago. I HATE when they change things. When that happens, I'm gone. I liked the original coaches and way they did things.

I haven't liked some of the changes but SOME were sorely needed. All the stinkin' gossipy back-stabbing stuff was a real turn off for me. The coaches don't like some of the "game" aspects so I'm expecting more of the weight loss aspect with challenges still in play. Being "hosted" by a coach will be a game-changer, I think. For better, or worse?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:30 pm 

Last time I watched it is when Jillian had come back(?) And the biggest loser(?) Winner looked like she had starved herself just to win.
http://www.losestubbornfat.com/biggest- ... -oblivion/

Don't have a TV anymore. It's just a memory right now.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:19 pm 

Briva wrote:
Last time I watched it is when Jillian had come back(?) And the biggest loser(?) Winner looked like she had starved herself just to win.
http://www.losestubbornfat.com/biggest- ... -oblivion/

Don't have a TV anymore. It's just a memory right now.

That was the last it was on. There was a lot of commotion about how the winner looked, then Jillian left, and Allison left. They skipped a "season" and, I imagine, revamped the show.

Rachel did lose too much but hey! she was on a roll! for a lotta $$$ She gained 20# back and loves where she's at. She even said she has no regrets, even for the backlash as it opened up a discussion about body image. I don't think any of the coaches pushed her to get so thin. I tho't Helen got too thin, also.

I'd like to see them do something like "the one who gets to and maintains their goal weight" wins but maybe too many of them could do that?