It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Juggling
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 pm 

This kind of goes right along with Jenileigh's hooping thread, lol!
I have started juggling again. Something I did as a teen but have gotten out of.
Last night, I had to get a tennis ball to roll my foot on (help for my arch pain)...
so I wondered if I could still juggle??

I got three tennis balls and practiced. It REALLY Works those upper arms and shoulders and back muscles! Wowzers.. I'm sore today. (Bending over to pick up all of those dropped balls works the abs!! :oops: )
I juggled again today. I'm wanting fun workouts and this is one of them!
I'm trying to juggle two balls in my left hand (I'm right handed)... then I switch and do two with my right hand, then three with both hands.
I could never get passed juggling three balls but it is so fun anyway.

SO... try hula hooping or juggling for change of pace and a fun workout! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Juggling
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm 

Sounds Great! (Till I remember that I get hurt if I try to walk & chew gum at the same time ; )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm 

My dad could always juggle. I remember him juggling fruit during the holidays as I was growing up. Myself, eh, it's just not for me but I can definitely see where it would be a great workout exactly like hooping. It's amazing the things that we can do to get exercise in. In all honesty it's things as kids we use to do before so much TV, internet and video games. I've been on this board all night long! It feels just like old times. roflol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 pm 

My brother taught me how to juggle. In the days before video games, lol! We were always outdoors and in the woods. We lived on a 30,000 acre hunting club where my dad was the caretaker. The club house had a bumper pool table. We weren't allow to play on it because my dad was just funny about us using someone elses things. I guess he was afraid we'd break it and he wouldnt' be able to afford to replace it. Anyway. My brother and I would ride our bikes all over and we'd sneak into the hunting club house so we could play bumper pool.
He started trying juggle the pool balls. Once he got it, he taught me. Believe me, when those things hit together, they go flying so you had to learn to control them or lose teeth.. OR explain to dad how you broke a window... teee heee!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 pm 

I cannot imagine 30,000 acres. My fil has around 300 on the mountain, my dad has 14 down in the valley. We have access to lots of land in the area we live. I love hiking, sight seeing, picnicking ect.... but 30,000 acres! Amazing. That sounds like a fabulous childhood. To me there is nothing like exploring in the woods. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:30 pm 

It was a wonderful place to grow up! I still miss it. I wish my dc could have grown up there also.
I learned to drive in there on the dirt roads, lol! So many memories... and so dark at night you could see millions of stars. On nights of meteor showers we'd go out into one of the fields and watch for hours.
The only downside was when clients would come in and then we couldn't be in there because they paid good money to go hunting and we couldn't be in their way. When we had free reign of the place we could fish, hunt (I didn't hunt)... bike or walk as far as we could go, go four-wheeling, arrow- head hunting, camping, you name it. I guess this is why things like alligators, snakes, ticks, etc. don't bother me much. They were an everyday part of my life back then.