It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Well, I've made it 2 weeks...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:17 am 

...On the Anti-Yeast diet. I am really starting to feel good too, and the cravings have diminished. I do, occasionally, get tired of eating the same things, and trying to think of new and exciting things to eat :lol: but all-in-all, it's going pretty well. I am hoping to stick it out at least 4 more weeks.

I am eating TONS of vegetables and yogurt! :roll:

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Post subject: Re: Well, I've made it 2 weeks...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 am 

Girl, you are doing AWESOME!
I'm still plugging away, but getting bored with my food choices. Hubby is SUCH a foodie and makes fun of my limited choices. Need to search for some new recipes today before I go shopping.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 am 

The food choices do get old and boring! :roll: I TRY to focus on what I CAN eat, rather than dwelling on what is off-limits. Sometimes that helps!

I keep veggies cut up to make quick stir-frys. I keep containers of garbanzo and black beans in the fridge, ready to toss in a stir-fry or salad. I keep hummus made. (I actually found a pkg of dried chickpeas at Walmart!) Hummus is great for a lot of stuff....thin it with some water, lemon juice and olive oil, and it makes a great salad dressing!

I keep cold Gazpacho soup in the fridge, too. This makes a quick meal, that way I don't open the fridge door and stare inside, hoping something good will jump out at me! I like to cut up a little avacado on top. I keep boiled eggs on hand too. They are a good protein snack and help squelch my cravings a lot of times.

I will occasionally make an omelet, and stuff it with sauteed onions and peppers, then toss in some chopped tomatoes and black beans.

I have made my own taco meat, using my own seasonings, rather than the packaged seasonings. This makes a good taco salad.

I am going to make a soup sometime this week to have on hand...ground beef, a can of navy beans, onions, garlic, cabbage,peppers (any veggies sitting around in the fridge that need to be used!), and a can or two of pureed tomatoes. That is always good and satisfying to me. (except, of course, I REALLY want some cornbread with this! :lol: )

I keep some almonds to snack on. And of course there's always yogurt ( :o ) - but those chocolate smoothies sure are good! I also like water-packed artichokes!

I also have a recipe for homemade mayo from NSP that is very good. I use that occasionally to make egg salad, or just add a little "something" when I feel like I need it!

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Have fun shopping. Being on a limited diet sure does force you to be creative, that's for sure!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 am 

I just don't believe I could stick to something so rigid. My weight has really gone up since last participating on this board. (I do understand the plan you are following is more for health reasons than weight loss) I'm just jumping in here. ")

I've been doing one to two meal replacements with a shake each day to get in my vitamins. My last blood work was pitiful. Everything low low low once again. Iron was bottomed out. Weird because I do eat a wide variety of foods and lots of color. BUT since beginning the shakes I'm feeling a lot better and I'm down 18lbs. I still have a long way to go though.

I'm very proud of you both for sticking to a limited diet. I totally understand the sacrifice being made.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:02 pm 

I agree, Jen. I don't know if I could stick with such a diet (or the one you're doing either...)
I'm not dedicated enough!
I'm proud of you all for your stick-with-it-ness!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm 

Well I'm not really doing a diet per say. If I'm craving something I eat it. I'm trying to work down slowly. I think I may have slowed down too much. lol The shakes aren't a sacrifice. I love things like coffee drinks/smoothies ect. So these are a no brainer. They are delicious, no vitamin smell or taste, you can make hundreds of recipes and they take no longer than a few minutes and I mean that literally. I'm waiting for some advertising information from Martha. I'll need some help with a banner if anyone here is experienced in that. :)