It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:05 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I have vertigo..
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 am 

I don't know much about it. I guess I'm glad my dizziness wasn't caused by my thyroid or iron being too low. DH made me go in to the dr to see if I was anemic and instead when she checked my ears, she found the problem. She said sudafed was safe for pregnant women and would help dry up the fluid build up. Then she gave me 25 mg Meclizine. I took half a pill last night and couldn't sleep! It didn't seem to helo the dizziness at all and instead it seemed to cause excitability, I just couldn't relax. Then in the middle of the night when I went on a bathroom break, I still felt overly dizzy and almost fell out of bed again. UUGGHH...
Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of it faster. We are supposed to leave KY in a week and I have to drive pulling our home. I don't want to be dizzy!

Post subject: Re: I have vertigo..
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 pm 

I don't know but I can pray. (((Shawny))) You are brave to drive all of that way pulling the travel home... I am not sure I could!!
I've never pulled anything behind a car.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm 

(((((Shavawn))))) Vertigo is NO fun. My mom gets it so very easily...sometimes just turning her head! Her dentist and hygenist KNOW not to lay her back in the dentist chair! From what I've learned from my mom, it just has to run its course. Take the sudafed on a regular basis (is it one every 4 hours?) to help it dry up.

I hope and pray it is better before you have to drive!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm 

I hope you're feeling better soon!

I cannot take sudafed - not everyone can. If it gives you trouble, ask your doctor for another option.

Do you have Labarynthitis or Meniere's disease, or something else?

It may be that a B-vitamin supplement (B-12 deficiencies are sometimes associated with Labarynthitis. and, B-3 sometimes helps Meniere's) would help a little, and some ginger tea may help with nausea. But, since you're pregnant, it's always wise to double check with a doctor before using supplements.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am 

Anna, I have never heard of labarynthitis, but I have heard of meniere's. I have never had this before in my life, so it was a surprise. But.... While packing and cleaning, we have been finding mold all over this house and I'm wondering if my slight nasal dripinto my throat is because of the mold and then it went into the ear. Also my DS was suffering from allergies and hives. I'm wondering if there is a connection. We will see if everyone improves after moving!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 pm 

I don't have any advice on that, but will be praying for safe travels. That would drive me crazy being dizzy like that. Hopefully it goes away soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 pm 

I hate vertigo! I hope you're better by now. Dh had some dizziness on our travels and it was so miserable. He was fortunate that it didn't last too long.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:20 am 

Did the doctor check to see if you have an ear infection? Sometimes that can cause vertigo or if the inner ear has been damaged. Something I have in NSP called CBG Extract has been helpful for vertigo.

If you wanted use the CBG Extract, you just put 5-10 drops of it in your ear after warming it up to room temp.

Some other things to check are the following:
Is your blood sugar low?
Is there any glandular or nervous system imbalances?
Or is the circulation to the brain poor?
Those are all possible causes.

Praying for you, Shavawn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm 

The doctor said that all the fluid she saw in the ear looked clear, so she said it wasn't infected YET. That was why she wanted me to take the Sudafed to dry up the drainage. I have been having a drainage going down my throat for weeks now. Sudafed must be working because the dizziness is almost gone now. With Alijah being sick, I am having the whole family take vitamins and herbs. I'm hoping this won't effect our move!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 pm 

Keeping your entire family in prayer. Sorry you're going through this, Shavawn!